Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Who's doing December Daily or PL Spreads?

I saw the thread about December Daily, I'm not totally sure that's what I'm doing, I always try to do a layout per day.

I'd love to be able to work the Elf on the Shelf, The books we read and anything other things that come up into that page, but I don't think that's going to happen.

So, I'm thinking 1 layout for the activity we do, then a weekly 1 page spread for the random stuff. And then I usually do a 2 page spread of our elf. I'm just really trying to cut the number of layouts I'm doing down.

So, how do you document December? I've tried 2 different pocket templates for day one and I'm not digging either attempt. I really need help! LOL!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've done it multiple ways over the years... with that being said, I don't know what I'm going to do this year! haha... the one activity per day, using Cindy's large photos, have been by far my favorite - but it is taking the longest because it will be the biggest book. My close second is the double spread of all the activities for the day... so thinking of trying to merge those two styles...

Hope this helps...

One activity per day - have multiple pages per day if do more than one holiday thing - December Daily 2012

Single page showing everything, pocket style - December Daily 2014

Double pages, showing everything - daily activities of elves, books, movies... December Daily 2013

one photo or activity to represent the day - December Daily 2010

by tradition, not related to the day - December Daily 2009

Last edited by MamaBee; 12-06-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I keep changing my mind too. Right now I've got it down to daily pages, but very simple. I think some might even just be decorative pages with a holiday quote or something. I figure a book is a book, even if it's just a pretty page.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I keep changing my mind too. Right now I've got it down to daily pages, but very simple. I think some might even just be decorative pages with a holiday quote or something. I figure a book is a book, even if it's just a pretty page.
This is kind of how I'm doing my December Daily. if we do something Christmas-y, that's what I scrap for the day, if not, then I'll do a little interview with all of us and scrap that. Like, what are you looking forward to this month, favorite thing about the season, last time I did it I also did a page about the weather that Dec. and a favorite holiday movie list. I do double pagers, so if there's no photos, I'll just make the facing page a matching pretty Christmas page with no photos. I'm a couple days behind scrapping already, but hopefully today I'll be catching up.
The other day we had nothing Christmas-y going on so I went up town and took some photos of the post tree I also have a looking forward to page to scrap and a pic of our tree after the cats decided they weren't scared of it anymore lol, but that's our December, so that's what I scrap!
Old 12-07-2015, 12:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do smaller-sized 'regular'/non-pocket pages. This year is 9x7.

I took a year off pocket scrapping. When I get back to it in 2016, I might pocket scrap DD. I haven't tried that yet, and it is faster (for me) to pocket scrap and especially if I'm doing a smaller size.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm signed up for Nettio's Holiday Faves this year...and I'm already behind!

We did have a tree decorating party for my 91 year old grandmother so I do have photos from that and I'm guessing that will be one of my "faves" for this year.

My iphoto is crashing/frozen so that has put a wrench in the whole planning/working on setting it up.

Last edited by scrap2day; 12-07-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love seeing MamaBee's pages. I'm behind in getting some of my "activity a day" books finished from past years. I do enjoy looking at the ones I do have finished. The December album is one of my favorites.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am still trying to wrap my head around December Daily. I mean, does everyone go out of their way to do Christmasy things every day in order to have something to scrap? It seems like a LOT of work just to prepare for it.

We have elves (we've had them for ages, I didn't even hear of Elf on the Shelf until after our tradition started). We read a book daily for our advent calendar and the kids have an advent tree from church that we use and read passages daily. Other than that though, there are a lot of regular 'ole days in December. Not scrap worthy, at least not in a holiday album.

Now, I HAVE made albums of our Elf Adventures. That was fun and I love how it turned out, but it was written from the elves point of view and presented to my kids as a gift the following year at Christmas.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sherri, many people, including Ali Edwards herself, include regular things + Christmas-y things in their DD albums.

I do only Christmas things but I looooooooooove Christmas & enjoy planning special things for us to do during the season. We don't do something Christmaselated EVERY day, though, so on the days we don't, I either 'cheat' and move something over from another day (like this weekend we had 2 Christmaselated activities Saturday) or do a more general page like the ornaments I'm getting the kids this year, my new favorite Christmas song, etc. I love to journal so having a few non-photo pages is fun for me.

My kids are still little (1 1/2 & 6) but as they get older, I may have to change my plan or not do a daily DD album. I'm okay with that and enjoy what I have & how I do it for now.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm just documenting the events that we do each day in December. The Elf, Christmas Concerts, Advent Calendar, baking, etc. I think tonight I'll be documenting Elyse studying for final exams!! Poor kid - I'll have to make her hot chocolate so at least it's semi-festive!

Right now I'm only doing one page per day (although I love the idea of the double page per day). Cindy has soooo many fun Christmas templates that they would be darling 2nd pages.

I also want to do a year-end recap and put all my favorite photos in there!

Here is a sample: Day 2 - We went to a One Direction concert - not festive but we snuck in the Elf

Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

These are all such great ideas. This is my first year so I'm winging it. I'm just journaling whatever we happened to do even if it's not Christmas related. I'm also trying to not over think it and keep it simple. I love looking at everyone's pages and getting ideas.