Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default PSE gurus

I'm PS challenged I'm used to SBC+ and I know where everything is immediately. I've been using PS for years and years, but find it harder to use so I always go back to SBC+. Anyway, I'm trying to align a title and there has to be a way to do it in a click, right? I can select all the elements and align them to one of the bottom elements in SBC so I'm sure PSE can do something similar. Help, pretty please
Old 07-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

And one more - I've merged some layers together. Can I un-merge them? I realized the sizing is off and I'd rather un-merge than do it all again
Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriBeary View Post
I'm PS challenged I'm used to SBC+ and I know where everything is immediately. I've been using PS for years and years, but find it harder to use so I always go back to SBC+. Anyway, I'm trying to align a title and there has to be a way to do it in a click, right? I can select all the elements and align them to one of the bottom elements in SBC so I'm sure PSE can do something similar. Help, pretty please
I've read before that it's ctrl + shift + J, but I have never been able to get that to work so I have to "draw" a text box then type within that. When you have your text tool selected hold down your left mouse button then click where you want your text to be and "drag" to get a box whatever size you need.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriBeary View Post
And one more - I've merged some layers together. Can I un-merge them? I realized the sizing is off and I'd rather un-merge than do it all again
Not if you have "closed" you page. If you leave your layout open you can go into your history and go back to a certain place in your page. Under Edit ---> Preferences---> Performance you can set your history states from 1 to 1000.

Elizabeth

Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and to find your history (if it's not in your Palette Bin) it's under Windows ---> Undo History. This will pull it up as a pop up window and then if you click the double arrows on the right hand side you can choose "place in palette bin when closed...then the next time you open PSE it will stay in your palette bin till you take it out again!!!!

Elizabeth

Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
Not if you have "closed" you page. If you leave your layout open you can go into your history and go back to a certain place in your page. Under Edit ---> Preferences---> Performance you can set your history states from 1 to 1000.
Oh but I should add that you can't just choose certain "steps" to undo....it will undo everything you have done beyond that point....so if it's really far back and you have done a lot of "work" since then....it might just be easier to delete the merged layers and re add them!!!!

Elizabeth

Old 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

You are awesome - thank you so much! I did just undo to fix one merged title but ignored the other - it's a whimsical look

and I did find something for using alphas, arrange! I just need to look a little better before asking for help. LOL!