Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop question

Hi ladies and gentleman,

my PS CS4 is driving me mad right now. For no obvious reason it suddenly pretends I hit the "alt" key all the time. Which messes up about every single shortcut I use. First I thought it's a keyboard problem so I took out the key and cleaned it. Didn't help much.
So today when I had that problem I just closed PS without touching my keyboard at all and then re-open...problem gone for about a minute. So I figure it's the software, not the key. Also very weird: You know the way when you press "alt" and your cursor changes? It does that and changes back when I release the key. So it does react to it. I am lost. Has anyone else ever had that roblem before? Or any idea what courses it??? All I changed was the installment of a few new actions.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea what would cause that but when Photoshop acts wacky, often deleting the preference file will help.

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac*OS) as you start Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings and Photoshop will create a new preference file.

If that doesn't work you might try resetting the tools as well.