Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default printing questions

Ok, so for the holidays I have a TON of things i'm going to get printed (photos, enlargements, calendars (just the toppers), and 8x8 layouts as well). I usually just go the costco route because I never have my stuff together this early in the season, and I can always get that stuff the day of (or w/in a few days for calendars). BUT, this year i'm rockin' this Christmas business, and so I am already looking for the best, most affordable printing options.

SO - tell me, where do you go/send stuff, why, and do you know of any deals/coupons?

Old 11-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For 8x8 and 12x12 I use Persnickety Prints. If you join their Facebook page, they are giving out a 30% OFF coupon tomorrow, that is good until end of the day Monday.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've used Winkflash in the past and have been happy with the quality, price and speed. I also use WHCC for cards and prints.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also love Costco, but not one close to me. I have been using viovio.com and they have $10 off on their facebook page right now. I've printed hardcover photo books (10x10 with 75 pages) for about $42. I got 5 calendars (using Dani and Cindy's tops and bottoms) for around $65. There quality has always been top notch and I'v been pleased with them.

I like Shutterfly too but only when there's a sale as they get pricey. I have printed single layouts at kinkos and they turned out really nice too- can't remember price, but it was good. Artscow was cheap but took forever and then some colors were wacked out (strange as the same color on another page would be fine-?)

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

try adoramapix or WHCC or Persnickety
Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Stephanie, thanks for the Viovio tip!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just went to Viovio's website, and I didn't see anything about Calendars (although the website was pretty hard to navigate...)
Old 11-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

you can get discount gc to shutterfly from Target~they are found around the photo department...I forget what kind of discount but I am going there tomorrow and will take a peek at them again and update what the deals are...other than that I print at Persnickety prints...
Old 11-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, viovio is a horror to navigate. Here is the link to the catalog, the calendar is the last of the 11 x 8.5 options. I think you have to order a 11 x 8.5 book and puit calendar in some text field. It should explain somewhere.
http://www.viovio.com/wiki/Catalog

As for printing in general, there was an awesome review at the daily digi showing photos of the printed books.
http://thedailydigi.com/12-different...printereviews/

Must say so, I've read several reviews on the web and they usually all differ. The only thing webreviews can usually agree on is that some high class printers are the best.

Last edited by Ginger_79; 11-28-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieP View Post
I just went to Viovio's website, and I didn't see anything about Calendars (although the website was pretty hard to navigate...)
Yeah I had to ask about it too- that's the part that they really need to work on- it's not the most user-friendly, but it does show you full previews before you complete the order so you don't have any surprises. For calendars, you pick "landscape book" and On the final step before checkout you can choose wire-o bound calendar.

It's the same for 10x10 books, you have to pick "master square 12x12" and then at the end choose 10x10 or 8.5x8.5, etc.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Winkflash has a sweet coupon on their site to use by tomorrow, but I am wondering if you can do custom grids on the calendars? Does anyone know?

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am having a bear of a time with these darn calendars. I finally ended up at Viovio, made up my whole book in the 8.5 x 11 landscape size (that's US letter, right? Landscape 4:3 - US Letter was the only way it spelled out the size for me), and now it only gives me the option of 14x11 Wire-O bound calendar!! I am about ready to pull my hair out! As much as I don't want to, I am tempted to just order from Artscow because I know I can figure it out. I just hoped to have something here before Christmas.

UGH!!!! This is so stressful. Thanks for allowing me to vent!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I didn't do calendars...but I did just order 21 prints from Persnicty {with coupon and shipping} it was $34.95!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been looking through the calendar threads and I'm just getting more and more confused. Can someone list which places will let you have a custom top AND bottom in the 8.5x11 size? So full calendar would be 11x17.

Thank you!!!

Oh, and Angie - I just ordered 42 prints from Persnickety! I SO wish I had had more of my FIL's album done - I have to print those pages 5 times.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I've been looking through the calendar threads and I'm just getting more and more confused. Can someone list which places will let you have a custom top AND bottom in the 8.5x11 size? So full calendar would be 11x17.

Thank you!!!
My PicTales lets you do custom top and bottom in that size (folded 8.5x11, open 11x17). I've been pretty happy with how mine turned out (I've ordered 2 years in a row). I think a few people were having issues with their software this year - I didn't have any problems, but was using the old version from last year. There were a few weird quirks to getting a custom bottom in the software, but they now have a video tutorial on getting your own custom bottoms in the software that made it easier.

I think Artscow also lets you use custom top and bottom in that size, but I don't have any experience with them.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thank you sooo much guys - what about vista print? they have a really awesome calendar deal today, but i've never ordered from there..

Old 11-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman View Post
thank you sooo much guys - what about vista print? they have a really awesome calendar deal today, but i've never ordered from there..
I ordered my calendars from there this year and I love them! Nice thick paper, colors look great! I'm very happy with them, and more happy about the deal I got!

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresta View Post
I ordered my calendars from there this year and I love them! Nice thick paper, colors look great! I'm very happy with them, and more happy about the deal I got!
Oh AWESOME!!! Yeah i have three calendars in my cart right now and it is going to be 25 dollars, pretty sweet!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh duh, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but overnightprints.com does both top and bottom. I've ordered tons of stuff from them and it's all been excellent quality. They have a 30% off deal going right now. I just need to get my calendar done!!