Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default A little afraid of PSE Organizer

Hey Ya'll!!

I am stumped. I have a trial copy of PSE8, and I am planning on making the purchase this weekend, however, I am scared of the Organizer. Does putting your pics in the organizer change them in some way that makes it impossible to work in other programs? LIke Word or other prininting
Is there any reason not to use organizer?
My hard drive has several copies of photos b/c I wasn't really doing anything with them. Now I want to get them organized, but I am real nervous about Organizer. What do you think about this capability of PSE.
Thanks,
AL
Old 10-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When you use the organizer, all you are doing is tagging and organizing them. The files are not moved or changed in any way. I used the PSE organizer when I had PSE4 and started having problems with it the more files I tagged. It would crash PSE all the time and would make my computer really slow, so I stopped using it. They may have improved it with PSE 8 though.

Instead of the the PSE organizer, I use Vista's Windows Photo Gallery instead. It works exactly the same way and I haven't had any problems with it, so you might want to give that a try if you have Vista. You just need to make sure to put all of you files in the "Pictures" folder.

I would still go ahead and purchase it to scrap with if I were you, but probably not use the organizer.

Last edited by jorgies5; 10-23-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgies5 View Post
Instead of the the PSE organizer, I use Vista's Windows Photo Gallery instead. It works exactly the same way and I haven't had any problems with it, so you might want to give that a try if you have Vista. You just need to make sure to put all of you files in the "Pictures" folder.

I would still go ahead and purchase it to scrap with if I were you, but probably not use the organizer.
Windows Photo Gallery all the way!

Also, you don't have to keep all of your files in the "Pictures" folder if you don't want to. You just have to go into the Windows Photo Gallery, Click "File" at the top, and then click "Add Folder to Gallery".
Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

PSE 4's organizer locked mine up too, but I''m glad to hear Vista's organizer works great. I have ACDSee but we are also getting a new laptop soon and it will have Windows 7 on it, I'm hoping they kept that feature!

But yeah, if its an organizer it will tag your photos but not delete them or modify them. You may want to back them up to DVD or an external hard drive (EHD) before you really start messing with them though, just to be safe (you may accidently delete something in your mad organizing craze LOL)
Old 10-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have been using the organizer in PSE7 lately. I tried Picasa but deleted it b/c when I used it at the same time as PSE they would both crash. So frustrating. I have tagged quite a bit in PSE but it doesn't seem very user friendly to me. I love scrapping in PSE (I have never tried PS) but agree with the others about the windows photo gallery being much easier to use.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks!!
I appreciate you advice... no organizer for me.
AL