Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default okay, lets talk boots, lol

its cold out. its snowy out. i have no boots. i have these. love 'em, but i get snow in them, lol. so i went to Target and tried on some of these . not realy UGGS, but i can't afford them, lol. and i'm going more for comfort and warmth, not something extremely fashionable (though i do see a lot of girls around town wearing these, or actual UGGs). and i don't spend a lot of time outside, i just want something warm to trudge around in when i go somewhere. are they butt ugly? i know i said fashion wasn't a big deal, but i don't wanna look like a total moron, lol. i keep going to target and trying them on, the shorter ones too but i cant decide! (and they don't have the short ones in black) would you buy them? these are $27 and the shorter ones are $20. what do you wear? i'm looking for $30 and under; i can't afford anything more right now.

Last edited by junebug; 12-02-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I would buy both!!! LOL!!! However, if you have a lot of snow, probably the taller ones would work the best.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yah, i'm leaning toward the taller ones. my jeans tuck in them nicer too. however, they look better with the popular skinny jeans. that i don't own. all my jeans are straight leg or boot cut. oh well! i may get them tomorrow. they were really comfy and soft!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a pink pair that are very similar to the tall version you linked to, but they are the Rocket Dog brand. My Mom got them for me a few Christmases ago on sale and they are SO warm and comfortable! I pretty much wear them all winter long. I don't have any of the skinny leg jeans but I wear them with my flare leg and boot cut jeans (both tucked in and with my jeans over them) and they look fine too.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I prefer the look of the shorter ones, but the taller ones seem more practical. I don't own UGGS, but I know they are popular. I just bought some new water-proof leather boots at Amazon (they have pretty good deals and free shipping). I tried these on in the store first and then ordered them through Amazon because they were loads cheaper. Good luck! Yay new shoes for you!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have some brown ones that look like UGGS...they are shorter ones but I love em. I wear with mini skirts and leggins and jeans...they are awesome!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was just thinking of buying myself a pair, too, so I hope they don't look dorky. lol Though I am not sure I can handle the whole tuck my jeans into them look, I might feel too old trying to act young doing that. I already wonder if I am doing that with the layering shirts I just bought at Wet Seal.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I have the shorter ones and LOVE them..DD has a pair too hehe

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I splurged and bought UGGs several years back. While they are super, duper comfy, they are not perfect. Even with scotch-guard, they're not very waterproof (I won't wear mine in the snow) and I wore them with new green pants once (I have sand colored UGGs) and now they have green all over them and I can't get them clean. For snow, I have Lands End boots that zip up. I got them on sale at the end of last season. They've been great! I wear them pretty much everyday.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I JUST this weekend bought a pair of THESE. I LOVE them!!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

thanks everyone! i think i might head out and get me a pair today, lol. i don't expect them to be completely waterproof or anything. but i don't spend a lot of time wading through deep snow either. i just want something to keep snow from getting in my shoes. brrrrr! and they are comfy and cute!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I need to get boots too! Looking for soemthing somewhat waterproof as I love being able to to sledding with my kids and our snow gets pretty deep. Thanks for this tread - a lot of these boots are super cute! Hope I can find something.

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hi Corey, well most people my neck of the woods wear the cheaper version (i do!)............only prob is they don't last. The soles on our ones are made of foamy stuff an you end up slipping and sliding everywhere............ plus they wear out quick and make you walk lop sided lol

I do love them though!!!

Proudly creating for Krystal Hartley & Edeline Designs

Old 12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have been reading the customer reviews on them at Target.com and some people complain about them falling apart etc, but most of the people seem to love them. and since they are only $19.99 i don't mind if they only last one season, lol. i think the taller ones would be more practical, but i like the darker chestnut color they had at the store but they are the shorter ones. i may hit Kohls today; they are having a sale, lol. i'll see what they have before i buy the Target ones.