Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default pet peeves...

So just wondering what are some of your pet peeves? One of my biggest ones happened tonight. We were at the bank and my husband was at the ATM when this woman pulls in at an angle and her rear bumper was so close it was almost touching our car!! We drive a smaller sized car and she was driving a gigantic SUV. She looks when she gets out and then just walks to the ATM. My husband had like six-twelve inches to squeeze in our car I swear. Sometimes when people do this I leave a note telling them how nice it was for them to park so closely LOL. It annoys me because you cant get in your car without hitting their car and if you do hit their car they will most likely have a hissy fit over it even though half the time they obviously saw and realized they were parked to close when they pulled in and just did not care enough to fix the issue.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

My pet peeve is folks that like to stand soooo close at the ATM. I'm not shy about asking them to move back either lol If I wanted them to know my bsiness I'd have sent them a newsletter ROFL
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

One of my biggest pet peeves is tailgaters! ARGH!! I can't stand that, I always slam on my breaks to wake them up. LOL
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

LOL Lita...Im that way too. It makes me nervous. I usually stand at the edge of the sidewalk which is about ten feet or so Id guess

Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

spitting is my pet peeve...it's cute when a baby first learns but when adults spit it drives me crazy and it's worse if someone spits at someone else...urgh...nasty...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

people who don't use a blinker when turning or merging... that really annoys me... and probably my biggest pet peeve... the whole parking on my bumper is up there too... people who text and drive at the same time... people who are yapping in the cellphone and don't notice that the light has changed to green... people who think that just because they say the light turn yellow 20 ft back and floor it to get through the intersection when the light did turn red... yeah, no you know why my hubby prefers to be the driver when we go anywhere... LOL!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

atms irritate me.. well people @ them. There's one @ my market that i use now.. and there's the little shelf right next to it (so I'm standing IN FRONT OF the atm) so I turn to write my acct # on the deposit slip.. and this woman literally pushes me out of the way and uses the atm. Standing right on top of me. This isn't the first time this has happened.. I think it happens everytime I make a deposit Like really... you can't wait a minute so i can use the atm? or you know, if youre in that much of a rush you can't use your words like an adult and ASK me if you can squeeze in first? gah.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

LOL La that reminds me of this guy who was at the ATM awhile back. We were waiting in a line right? We were next and there was this guy sitting at the curb in his truck. When the guy at the ATM gets done he jumps out of his truck and runs in front of me. I was like WTF?!?! (well I did not actually say more like thought it LOL) and I said to the guy excuse me? we were next. He was actually sitting there in his truck before we got there but how the heck do we know what he is doing? For all I knew he was waiting for someone to come out of the bank right? So he calls me a stupid b***h and says he knows that I saw him sitting there. I said umm I think that is what the line is for and told him he should have parked, got out of the truck and actually waited in the line like a normal person. People can be really stupid sometimes though.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

ohhh I thought of another one. people...well mostly women LOL who do their makeup while driving!! We were behind this truck one day who was driving 10mph in a 65 mph zone and we finally got up and around her she is applying her makeup!!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i think it'd be easier to list the things that don't bother me
i'm rather cranky as of late.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
Laura, you crack me up. I know you are being dead serious which makes it even funnier! I tend to get annoyed easily too. Trying to work on it but there is just too much stupid around me.

My pet peeve......interruptions and when someone (mostly my children) who say the same thing over and over until I act like I am paying attention. My DS takes it a whole step further and won't stop until I SAY something in response. Just a look and a nod doesn't get it done for him. AGH.

Another pet peeve is a driving one.....someone not paying attention for whatever reason (applying make up, texting, on the phone, ect) and then gets pissed off when you are doing the right thing! And a BIG one: parents who don't put their children in car seats!!!! Or even worse - smoke in the care with that poor child!!!!! Oh my.....that totally boils my blood.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

talking about smoking. It really bugs me when I see someone throw their ciggerette butts out the window. We have long periods of time where the grass can be very dry and fires start so easily from them.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally feel you on this one!

I HATE it when my husband or kids try to talk to me when Im on the phone. And I also hate it when Im in the store and people talk up the whole stinking aisle with their cart or stroller or whatever.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Tonight I'll say my pet peeve is people who don't control their children.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ummm idiots in general are my pet peeve.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I swear my hubby does this *JUST* because he knows I hate it....

He talks on the CB while we're talking on the phone. *he's a truck driver & we usually talk at least twice during the day & it NEVER. FAILS.

I'm sure there are more, especially a couple weeks out of the month when every.little.thing is a nerve striker!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You all said a couple of mine already...not using a blinker drives me crazy! And being interrupted - my MOM did that to me the other day when I was talking about her grandchildren and she interrupts with something stupid and random. And people who make it their status on Facebook that they are getting ready to delete friends. I just think that is rude. If you want to unfriend someone, go ahead, but why does it need to be announced? Another huge one for me that is done daily by my family is leaving dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is 2 inches from the sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy
Yeah, maybe I should have just said that.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Bahaha... Pretty much everything that's already been said...and then some. I always thought i was a very calm, patient person but looking at the alreadyt huge list of pet peeves, i guess i'm really not.

One thing that really irritates me is when i go to a store and the person serving me doesn't bother to smile or mutter a word. That REALLY makes my blood boil? Or when i used to work in a pharmacy and i'd say "Hi. How are you today?" and i didn't get a response. I would answer myself on their behalf and say " I'm good thanks. How are you?". lol

Whingers on Facebook also bug me!

Man, i need to stop, i'm making myself angry lol.

~*~Proudly creating for Kaye Winiecki & Dani Alencar~*~

Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This one's kind of particular but I'm grouchy this morning...

when I am planning a grocery shopping trip and I ask DH if he wants anything in particular and he says "nope" and then I get up to eat the ONE THING i buy just for myself, (raisin bran crunch) and the entire box that I didn't even open myself is empty except for like one spoonfull. UGH...he eats my cereal after I go to sleep at night...I find empty bowls in the sink every morning!!!

UGH!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nikki for some reason everything and I mean EVERYTHING I buy just for me seems so much more appetizing to my husband and kids then what I buy specifically for them. Like my youngest son if I say this is MINE then it will be gone the next day. If I bought the exact same thing for him he would not touch it.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a silly one, I get annoyed when cashiers/customer service say "have a good day" at night. I know it is silly, but you can tell they are on autopilot when they can't make the effort to say "have a good night" instead.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kids interrupting, mine do it ALL the time, even when I tell them not to do it.
All I can say for this one is COD, PS3 and microphone!!!!
Socks being left on the floor, um hello, PICK THEM UP!
People knocking at my door trying to sell stuff, I know they are trying to make a living, but do what the others do and post the book and I'll leave it out to be collected on the allocated day!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hate when people comment badly on themselves just because they want to squeeze a compliment out of me. Like:

"Oh, I have such a horrible hair horrible today!" - and she looks like she's come fresh from hairdresser's...

"Oh I definitely should exercise and lose this belly" - and she's the person whose belly is invisible, which cannot be said about the rest of the people in the room...

And I don't like that, when I pay somebody a compliment, they do the typical Slavic thing and demean it... Me: "Oh, what a nice dress". She: "Oh, it's just some garbage from my wardrobe, I really shouldn't wear it." - that kind of thing.

Worst of all - about 10 years ago I was just like that. So I guess I'm allergic to my evil self or whatever. :-D

ETA: And I really, really don't like people posting mysterious statuses on FaceBook. Tell us, or keep it to yourself, you attention-looking... person! Even though I have to say I'm already so used to it that I kind of enjoy it. Like, my evil self does. :-)

Last edited by adrianka; 10-05-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenvader View Post

ETA: And I really, really don't like people posting mysterious statuses on FaceBook. Tell us, or keep it to yourself, you attention-looking... person! Even though I have to say I'm already so used to it that I kind of enjoy it. Like, my evil self does. :-)
Oh, I have someone like that, or she'll PM her favourite people so they all know what the status means, and then they all have little sly digs at the person who the status is about, it really bugs me!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Oh, I have someone like that, or she'll PM her favourite people so they all know what the status means, and then they all have little sly digs at the person who the status is about, it really bugs me!!!
Yup. A colleague of mine does this a lot, and she's really an attention-seeker, she needs to be in the centre of attention and this is the way she achieves it - and I find it annoying and amusing at the same time that people really fall for it.

It's really to hard to draw a line with blogs and social networks, but I think once a post is public it should be understood by everybody. If it's privated, it shouldn't be public. There are filters for private posts. I used to blog a lot, and I did my share of internet drama, but somehow I always knew what was for a few people and what was for everybody.

Anyway, I really, really hate the way that person craves for "publicity", even though it's really kind of fun at the same time, because it's so childish. ;-)

Old 10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
spitting is my pet peeve...it's cute when a baby first learns but when adults spit it drives me crazy and it's worse if someone spits at someone else...urgh...nasty...
Yes Yes Yes ~ ewwwwwww

and talking on the phone while checking out someplace - That is just SO rude!!!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie View Post
and talking on the phone while checking out someplace - That is just SO rude!!!
Definitely agree on this one.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this thread is making me feel guilty lol. i think i'm guilty of some of these. oops.

i'd say when one of my kids ask for something and after i get that and then go back to what i was doing one of the other kids ask for the same thing, knowing i just did it! ask for it while i'm already up!! geez! i need to dress like a waitress at home because NO ONE ever does anything themselves. husband included.

kids talking to me when i'm on the phone. they wont say a word to me for hours until i get on the phone!

lately, everything annoys me. i need a vacation.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Major pet peeve for me - people who don't return their cart at the store and leave it in the parking lot so it can hit my truck. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Mine is the check writers at stores who stand there watching whlle their entire order is rung up and bagged and ONLY THEN do they begin digging around in their purse for the checkbook. Then we all have to wait while the check writer & the cashier debate how much of the check needs to be filled out and how much the store register will print on it, and is the customer comfortable with that or do they want to write the whole thing and Oh let me find my ID, but all the numbers are on it anyway oh but you still need it? Well now the pen has run out of ink and maybe it's ok if the register prints the store name and amount on the check. And once all that is taken care of everyone pause while the check amount is recorded and subtracted in the log.

I haven't written a check in over 2 years. I haven't written one in a store in over 8. Cash or bank card. It's fast & easy. At the very least, if you are going to write a check be filling it out while your order is being rung up, don't wait until the end to start the whole time consuming process