Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Would it be easy to recolor the pink in these flowers?

Hi everybody -- anybody,

I saw some cute flowers in the Shoppe:

Zoe'sPaper Flowers

I am making a book and there is NO pink, and NO Purple in it. I want to try to recolor the pink in these to a red (on the orange side of red). Is this something that is fairly easy to do? don't want to change the green or blue at all -- just the pink.

Thanks -- and if you want to tell me how to do this, it would be much appreciated!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What program are you using?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Sorry, I couldn't find this thread after I posted!!!

I am using PSP but I have PS for the summer. Generally speaking, would it be easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
What program are you using?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

With PSP I find it fairly easy to recolor using either the colorize option or the re-color option (when you click on the flood fill bucket its the other option there). Sometimes using these two options do not work and can make the item look odd. Basically the way I do it when recoloring is select the area I want recolored (making sure to zoom in and drop/pick up any stray pixels) then use the slider on the colorize option (I think it is under adjust) until I get it where I want it. I also use the re-color option by again selecting the area I want recolored then picking the color to recolor it. This option is nice when it doesnt have a huge variant in colors in the area to recolor. Basically though I just kinda play around until I get it to look the way I want it to. You can also duplicate the layers in PSP and choose options like overlay, multiply, screen etc in the layers area to change the shades somewhat. As for photoshop I have no idea about that program. Hope I was some help. I dont have the program open at this moment to look to se exactly where everything is but I think if you googled tutorials for recoloring in PSP you'd find some tutorials

Old 06-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In either program you could do it about the same..
I would take a peek at Misty's tut
http://mistycatodesigns.blogspot.com...ecoloring.html
and follow how she does there..only do it on a duplicate layer...and only concentrate on getting the red color you wanted...you could then just use your brush and erase all the bits that were not red and then merge the 2 layers...
at least that's how I would approach it.
Good Luck with your project.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Okay thanks -- I forgot I can select just the area I want recolored, can you believe it? D-uh. I kept trying things like filters and the whole element would have a purple cast or a green cast (or whatever).

I mentioned I lost this thread, and so I went ahead and bought them at the penny candy sale because I wasn't sure how long things stayed there. I figured I could try some different things out, but I'll read and re read Misty's directions because I bet they'll save me some time.

Thank you both!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Just to let you know Penny Candy pretty much stays the same until the next Going, Going Gone sale (which I think is like in 5 or so months...not sure on the exact time of that though). When they have the GGG sale the designers remove some stuff from Penny Candy and put some new stuff in Penny Candy. In any event youll have some warning about it being retired because they usually put up ads (and if you sign up for your favorite designers newsletters/blogs you'll likely be notified that way as well). Anyhow good luck. Hope you can get them recolored the way you want them