Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2024, 11:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney/Christmas Decorating

I have decided to redo my guest bedroom and bath in Disney. I love Disney and now that I'm a grammy, it seemed to be the right time to go for it.

I already have some cute things, but I was wondering if any of you have a Disney room? If so, can you share a photo for inspiration and maybe where you purchased something you love.

Since I am decorating the house for Christmas this year, I will also be doing those rooms up in a Disney Christmas theme. Again, I have some cute things, but well, I love stuff and options, so if you have anything to show off and share, I would love to see it.

Finally, do any of you decorate your kitchen for Christmas? If so, how? I don't feel like I have any good ideas or have seen great inspiration that doesn't feel over the top. I want to decorate, but I don't want to drown in Christmas stuff.
Old 09-10-2024, 02:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

How fun that you are doing a bedroom and bath in Disney. I can't imagine anyone, child or adult, that wouldn't love that!

As far as decorating the kitchen, we just moved into my grandma's cottage in February, so I haven't decorated here. Her kitchen is very small, but I'm sure I'll be putting touches of Christmas in there.

Here's a layout I completed about my coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar. I didn't have a ton more counter space, but I really enjoyed having that little corner decorated.

Usually I just have touches here and there. These photos are from 2021. I didn't do much decorating in 2022 and 2023 with Mama being sick. We only decorated at her home in 2023 because we were always there anyway.

Old 09-10-2024, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not a Disney room, but we have a Disney tree. I started it during Covid, and I adore it!! I’ll have to post a photo later.

I do decorate my kitchen in gingerbread.

Last edited by nesser1981; 09-10-2024 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I don't decorate a lot for Christmas. It is a hard holiday for me.

But, I do put a few touches in some of the rooms. In the kitchen, I put a ceramic lighted tree that has been displayed in this house (by both mom and me) since the 1980's. I also have a couple Christmas towels that hang on the stove handle.

My dining room is right there with the kitchen (actually one long room). I have a small tabletop tree that I put on a rolling cart. It has no lights so no plug access is needed. I also have shelves in the dining room that I will put my Precious Moment Nativity on. And, I have another little scene that I put on a different shelf that is 2 empty chairs and 3 empty dog beds for those I love that are in heaven.

Last year I did no decorating because of how sick I was and having a 2nd surgery 7 days before Christmas. I only put out one small tree because that is about all I could handle.

Other than that, I put a lighted 4 foot table top tree in the living room that is full of the sand dollar ornaments my dad collected and made back in 1980 and 1981. Any Christmas cards I receive go under this tree.

I do actually have ornaments displayed year round. I have a lot of Precious Moments ornaments so they are on an ornament tree in the living room and on a display in my office. I also have an ornament tree with some of my Longaberger pewter ornaments in the living room.
Old 09-11-2024, 11:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Ashcraft View Post
How fun that you are doing a bedroom and bath in Disney. I can't imagine anyone, child or adult, that wouldn't love that!

As far as decorating the kitchen, we just moved into my grandma's cottage in February, so I haven't decorated here. Her kitchen is very small, but I'm sure I'll be putting touches of Christmas in there.

Here's a layout I completed about my coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar. I didn't have a ton more counter space, but I really enjoyed having that little corner decorated.

Usually I just have touches here and there. These photos are from 2021. I didn't do much decorating in 2022 and 2023 with Mama being sick. We only decorated at her home in 2023 because we were always there anyway.

Everything is so pretty! I love, love, love that tiny lamp. I always forget about lighting and what a big difference it makes. I do plan on doing a hot chocolate bar this year, so your photos are great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-11-2024, 11:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Not a Disney room, but we have a Disney tree. I started it during Covid, and I adore it!! I’ll have to post a photo later.

I do decorate my kitchen in gingerbread.
My sister has a Disney Tree and I love it. I call my tree a sugar plum tree because all the ornaments are some kind of christmas treat or have to do with christmas baking. I have Disney mixed in where it fits the theme.

I am doing the family room in gingerbread, so I would love to see any photos you have if you care to share those as well.
Old 09-11-2024, 11:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I don't decorate a lot for Christmas. It is a hard holiday for me.

But, I do put a few touches in some of the rooms. In the kitchen, I put a ceramic lighted tree that has been displayed in this house (by both mom and me) since the 1980's. I also have a couple Christmas towels that hang on the stove handle.

My dining room is right there with the kitchen (actually one long room). I have a small tabletop tree that I put on a rolling cart. It has no lights so no plug access is needed. I also have shelves in the dining room that I will put my Precious Moment Nativity on. And, I have another little scene that I put on a different shelf that is 2 empty chairs and 3 empty dog beds for those I love that are in heaven.

Last year I did no decorating because of how sick I was and having a 2nd surgery 7 days before Christmas. I only put out one small tree because that is about all I could handle.

Other than that, I put a lighted 4 foot table top tree in the living room that is full of the sand dollar ornaments my dad collected and made back in 1980 and 1981. Any Christmas cards I receive go under this tree.

I do actually have ornaments displayed year round. I have a lot of Precious Moments ornaments so they are on an ornament tree in the living room and on a display in my office. I also have an ornament tree with some of my Longaberger pewter ornaments in the living room.
I never decorated, but I made a promise and now that my grandbaby is here, I am going to go all out. I figure by the time he really gets it, I will have it all figured out. LOL

This made me think about my Willow Tree Nativity and where I will put it. I love it so much I have been known to leave it up all year long.

I like your idea of a table top Christmas tree. I have one that would work in the living room, I think. Thanks for the idea.
Old 09-12-2024, 12:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Lorie ~ now is the time that I should share with you that I have about 25 lamps in my house right now. It's a thing. I don't like overhead lighting at all. Mostly because I like the look of the subtle lighting, but also because it hides dirt and dust. LOL Ask Olivia. She'll tell you all about it. But I should also mention that she's got a great start on her own collection of lamps.

Old 09-12-2024, 12:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I dont have a disney room per se- but my grandma got disney thomas kinkaid canvas art for my daughter when she was a baby- so they have been hung in her room forever. My favorite is the peter pan & beauty & the beast. They are gorgeous paintings.
https://thomaskinkade.com/pages/browse-disney-art
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Ashcraft View Post
Lorie ~ now is the time that I should share with you that I have about 25 lamps in my house right now. It's a thing. I don't like overhead lighting at all. Mostly because I like the look of the subtle lighting, but also because it hides dirt and dust. LOL Ask Olivia. She'll tell you all about it. But I should also mention that she's got a great start on her own collection of lamps.
I don't use overhead lighting anywhere but the kitchen and in the basement family room and office. I use those when I need to see details, otherwise it is lamps which I also have in the basement. The kitchen, no. I never really thought about doing that before, but love the look you created.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I dont have a disney room per se- but my grandma got disney thomas kinkaid canvas art for my daughter when she was a baby- so they have been hung in her room forever. My favorite is the peter pan & beauty & the beast. They are gorgeous paintings.
https://thomaskinkade.com/pages/browse-disney-art
Those are really pretty. I love that your grandma did that. My parents got JT a Charles Peterson print for his Disney dalmation/firetruck room when he was little, that he still has. It is not at all Disney, but it worked and still works in his office.

Volunteers

We are a Peterson family and generally love his artwork. I have a number of them that I rotate through my different rooms at different times because I like to change things up. I have a closet with art in it. LOL I just laid out all my Christmas artwork and thought, OMG, I have gone overboard, again.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.