Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2024, 11:31 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about creases

I have a few templates that have creases in the ribbon (example - The Nifty Pixel A Mothers Love). When I attach the paper, the crease goes away. I have tried a few blending modes, but nothing is working for me. I'm sure the solution is simple, but I can not figure it out. All help is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What program do you use? That will help us with providing the best instructions for this.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hi Mary,

This should help you with getting that creased layer to work

Step 1- Duplicate the creased ribbon layer so now you have two of them in your layers palette. One above the other.

Step 2- Clip paper or flood colour of your choice to the original ribbon layer. (bottom ribbon)

Step 3- Now use multiply blend mode on the duplicated layer ( top ribbon layer) You may have to tweak the saturation or lighting of that blended layer or play with different blend modes to get your desired look that will depend on paper choice or colour you choose.

Hope that helps
Old 05-06-2024, 12:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually do what Em described, but sometimes depending on my paper I just can't get it to work (certain patterns, or really light colors) so I'll just make my own fold. In CC- add a new layer above your clipped paper. use the polygonal lasso tool (not the one that looks like a little rope about to be thrown by a cowboy, the one with the sharp points ) and click your straight line down the middle of the ribbon then go around the side to close the loop. Then just use black & white brushes to add shadow/highlight to the selected side of the ribbon. If you hit ctrl + i then it will select the opposite side & you can repeat with your brushes. Clear as mud? I can make some screenshots later today to help if you'd like?
Old 05-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all! I'll try Em's method first. Seems easiest to me! I use photoshop CC.
Old 05-06-2024, 05:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm44west View Post
Thank you all! I'll try Em's method first. Seems easiest to me! I use photoshop CC.
I should create an instruction sheet to put in my template sets. It’s how I do it in my pages using my templates and was taught this years ago by other designers. So you should have success with this technique Mary.

There is also the burn and dodge technique which is essentially what Amie is describing but you still use blend modes.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh good question!
I often struggle with this too, my tweaking somehow doesn't work that well, not as good as the original in your templates Em, so an instruction sheet would be awesome

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk