Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Share Your Fave Photo Apps...

maybe you've seen this one/already have it... but it's totally new to me and i think it's crazy fantastic and just had to share

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rhon...ign-mpt=uo%3D2

how about you? what's tickling your fancy apps these days??
Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

*does not have smart phone*
lol. I feel like I say this like once or twice a week to people. I won't lie though, I'm terrified of getting a smart phone, and getting like Instagram. I like taking the time to edit and tweak my photos myself.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lol. i dragged my feet as long as i could on getting one... but in the end had to get one for medical emergencies. and although all of the cool photo apps can be quite addictive, i'm right there with you! and still do most/75% of all my photo treatments on the computer, i love to tweak and tinker with all the settings ;]
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No lie, the day my brother got Instagram he called me and was like "Guess what! I can do cool things to my photos now too, and I don't have to deal with years of learning Photoshop!" He is now one of those annoying "artsy" pictures of clouds and crap people. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have that app and use it all the time... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm an app-whore. So I have about 20 photography apps and about 20 camera apps. I don't even keep all of them on my phone. And of course I don't use that many!

For photo manipulation the ones I use the most:
RhonnaDesigns
Mextures
PS Express
Photobucket
InstaCollage

I rarely buy an app. I get a lot of them from the app AppsGoneFree.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

InstaPicFrame (free): Used for making collages/adding multiple photos to a single IG post by adding a frame.

InstaWeather (free): Used for adding a cool weather or forecast stamp onto your photo. I love doing this especially if I'm on vacation, because it's a fun photo to add into the album to show what weather was like each day, and I'll be using it again during AWITL, I think. I also have a lot of friends and family around the world, so it's fun for each of us to see the other's weather easily.

InstaPlace (free): I probably use this one least of all, but it's worth a mention. It adds a fun stamp like "Greetings from ________." Again, I use it a lot when I travel for sending out postcards or for adding into photo books.

Postagram (free app, postcards cost $0.99): I love this app so much. Seriously. For $0.99 per postcard (additional for international, but YES they do global shipping, or less per postcard if you buy credit packages in bulk), you can send a postcard of any of your instagram pics to anyone! I love to send little postcards of my son to my grandmother, since she lives 3 hours away. This year, after my son's birthday, I sent postcard thank yous to out of town relatives who sent gift cards or money, with a short thank you and a description of how he spent the money (or if he saved it). My mom used it to send a picture of her new students on their first day of school to the main office (she works for a foreign exchange company). It's a really fun app that allows for a lot of creativity. I even sent out my postcards from Vacation using the app-- InstaPlace with an island landmark for anyone who didn't go with us, and then (since it was an extended family vacation) snapshots I took of my the various people who went sent to them with a message of how much I loved hanging out with them. Best part? The message is printed on the postcard, but also on the back of the picture, and the picture easily pops out so they can just save that photo with the message, instead of the whole card.

Walgreens Mobile App (free, 4x4 prints $0.39 each and 8x8 prints $8.99 each): Another app I use all the time. I can order prints from my phone and they're almost always ready within half an hour for me to pick up. They'll pull my photos directly off of Instagram and then allow me to pick how many I want to print and choose my size. The quality is actually pretty good for it being an IG print, and I'm a pretty big fan of the speed. It works really well for PL and other times when you need a pic "now."

Anyway, those are my go-to photoelated apps.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

Oh I like the Rhonna app.
I also use
Overgram
Typic

Some of my favorite editing apps are
Pic Grunger
BeFunky
PhotoMagic

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I will have to check these out!

I went crazy when I first got my phone, instagram, and all the other 99 million apps out there... now, I think I use 10 total, lol! I still take pictures, but have reverted to photoshop, lol! I think it's my RadLab! :P I don't even remember the last time I posted to Instagram!

Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm another smartphone user who does all my photo editing on the computer. Maybe I'd use photography apps more if I was into social media and sharing photos frequently, but I'm not. The Rhonna Designs app looks interesting and I'll give it a try, but we'll see if I actually use it.

I guess the only app I love related to photography is Dropbox. Photos I take on my phone automatically upload to my Dropbox account so that I can download them to my computer without connecting the phone. On my old phone I'd transfer photos every few months because it was such a pain; now I usually do it the same day I take the photos.

ETA: Fellow Android people-I just checked Rhonna's website, and there will be an Android version coming out in the next few months. She said the one currently on Google Play is a fake and she's trying to get it removed.

Last edited by rach3975; 09-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Love photo apps!! Echoing alot of the suggestions above:

Dropbox is great for asset management and have all my phone pics and camera pics automatically named chronologically

For photo overlays I'm using intsaweather, instaplace, phonto, phoster, a beautiful mess

For photo editing I'm using snapseed, pictapgo (makers of radlab), and VSCOcam

Of course prefer editing on my laptop, but these apps are so handy when you're on the road. Plus they are so fun and easy to learn! I LOVE seeing what my nieces shoot and seeing them get inspired to be creative (learning the technical stuff is definitely not their thing lol)

Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have had smartphones for years but still prefer my DSLR and PS. I use my phone for p365 with instagram to quick filter/upload features. And to do quick ones for FB but for the most part I prefer the real thing still.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
I have had smartphones for years but still prefer my DSLR and PS.
I agree, though it's only in the last 3 months that I've had a phone with a good camera. I know a lot of people say they hardly use their "big camera" if they have a good phone camera, but I still do. I only use my phone camera for times when I wasn't expecting to take photos or when I know I'll only be taking a couple for PL and nothing I care much about. My phone camera is good when people are posing and relatively still, but not when they're in motion like my kids *always* are.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
InstaWeather (free): Used for adding a cool weather or forecast stamp onto your photo.
I've got a layout coming up in Creating Keepsakes in either Jan or Feb (since it will be all digi by then, I'm not sure which month) that is all InstaWeather pics. Love that app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
Postagram (free app, postcards cost $0.99): I love this app so much. Seriously.
I am SO trying this! What a great way to send stuff to my mom! I think I'll send one to myself first to see what they are like. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I am SO trying this! What a great way to send stuff to my mom! I think I'll send one to myself first to see what they are like. Thanks for the heads-up!
When I signed up for the app, I think I got 5 free cards, but it's been awhile, so I don't know if they're still doing that. It was nice because I was able to test it out and make sure I liked it first. I had never heard of them until I received one in a subscription box I was a member of at the time!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What a great thread to start! I am definitely going to be checking some of these out. I have ones already listed but there are a few I don't have.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

hi everyone
Just joined up because I came across this thread! I LLLLOOOOOOVE photo apps!

Here are some of my favs:

Camera+ http://campl.us/Love it as a camera replacement app! Although I dont have iOS 7 yet, not sure what improvements that camera app has!

Letterglow http://letterglow.com/is a new app that just came out that is awesome for adding text to your photos.

I assume a lot of you are like me and like to do photo365's, the Collect app http://collectphotoapp.com/ is a great one for this, and if you were looking for ideas, you shoud check out the photo assignment generator http://www.learnphoto.ca/apps/ which gives you ideas for taking photos!

Can't wait to see what other apps you all recommend!

Jenny
Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I see some new ones I want to checkout. Thanks! (I'd quote but I'm Mobil).

I use:
ProCamera - it's my default camera. There are so many options and it makes my camera more powerful.
Snapseed - wow. It's amazing. It does have a small leaning curve but it's worth it.
Pictapgo - crazy easy and the results are gorgeous. (By the radlab peeps so you know it's good)
Mystic - it's similar to Rhonna's app.
Day One - for my p365
Eye-Fi - takes my pics from my camera to my phone using my eye-Fi card
InstaWeather
InstaPlace

Yeah, at this point my phone is more camera than phone. LOL

Penny
Old 09-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=rach3975;1153686]
I guess the only app I love related to photography is Dropbox. Photos I take on my phone automatically upload to my Dropbox account so that I can download them to my computer without connecting the phone. On my old phone I'd transfer photos every few months because it was such a pain; now I usually do it the same day I take the photos.

Woah!! I need to check this out!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Hi everyone,

I have been using a photo app called UniFrame for the past few days and found it to be a great tool. I can view photos from various online sources like Facebook and Flickr with different frames, on my device. It's a really cool app that offers photo frames and photo-sharing services.