Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2024, 10:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Memorial Weekend- scrap goals

Hello hello
Do you plan to scrap this long holiday weekend? If so, are you working on a particular project?
Check in here throughout the week with your progress.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am working on everyday layouts and my daughter's 23/24 soccer Shutterfly album (simple).
I would love to get 10 layouts and the album completed this weekend.
Old 05-24-2024, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just trying to get my new computer up and running. I didn't have the right adapter to connect my monitor, so I drove out to Best Buy. Of course, they didn't carry the one that I needed in the store, so I just bought a new monitor. lol Sometimes I wish I could just have someone do it for me, ya know? Lazy! Now the fun part of firing it up and seeing if it works. I'm sure since I've gone from Windows10 to 11 my version of Photoshop won't work, or I won't be able to get things off my cloud, or something will go wrong. I miss scrapping!
Old 05-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm just trying to get my new computer up and running. I didn't have the right adapter to connect my monitor, so I drove out to Best Buy. Of course, they didn't carry the one that I needed in the store, so I just bought a new monitor. lol Sometimes I wish I could just have someone do it for me, ya know? Lazy! Now the fun part of firing it up and seeing if it works. I'm sure since I've gone from Windows10 to 11 my version of Photoshop won't work, or I won't be able to get things off my cloud, or something will go wrong. I miss scrapping!
ugh lynn!! I'm sorry about your troubles! all the different adapters/connections/plug types I am pretty sure this is my biggest pet peeve EVER. I hate having a random box of cables that I have no idea if i'll ever need them again... I hope you can get everything going soon!
Old 05-24-2024, 12:13 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I hate having a random box of cables that I have no idea if i'll ever need them again...
Based on my experience you won't need them UNTIL you've gotten rid of them. BTDT.

One of my "some day" projects is to gather up all the old cables/cords in my house and put them in a single bin. And if by some wild chance I know what they went to, put them in a Ziploc with a note identifying them.
Old 05-24-2024, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

As much as I would love to spend time scrapping this weekend (and I'll probably sneak in a page or 2), I have several custom orders that I need to finish painting/staining/framing over the next few days, AND I am so behind on my yard work that I am planning to do a bunch of that too.

Home Depot is having a big sale on mulch and patio stuff, so I need to take advantage.

Old 05-24-2024, 01:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just completed a super simple 8x8 Shutterfly Album for my daughter's Flag Football season. I used a simple book design and had the computer place photos automatically. I made minimal edits and didn't add any embellishments. Typically I love to fill my pages with embellishments but I think it is OK to keep it simple too. And it is DONE!!

Old 05-24-2024, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That looks amazing, Krista! I did a soccer album from Shutterfly for my daughter years ago.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I just completed a super simple 8x8 Shutterfly Album for my daughter's Flag Football season. I used a simple book design and had the computer place photos automatically. I made minimal edits and didn't add any embellishments. Typically I love to fill my pages with embellishments but I think it is OK to keep it simple too. And it is DONE!!

Looks great! I did a vacation album like this once because I needed a quick turnaround in order to give it as a gift. Worked well - I like my nice embellished ones too. It just depends on what I have time for.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I completed another quick Shutterfly album for my son's baseball season.
I think I am working on these to avoid the really BIG projects like Project Life and my daughter's K-8 School Album. lol
Old 05-25-2024, 10:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That looks great Krista!

Our long weekend was last weekend, so just a usual weekend here. I'm getting our trailer cleaned and all the bedding, etc. done to finish de-winterizing it. Also watching the Oilers game tonight with friends (GO OILERS GO!). I have to make a dessert of some kind to bring, gotta figure that out soon.

Old 05-25-2024, 04:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think those are great, Krista! I love the simple, clean lines, and I bet it feels so good to get these done!

I WANT to scrap this weekend, but I am working outside, of course. I need to get things in the ground, including seeds!

Old 05-25-2024, 09:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Your album looks great, Krista! I need to make a basic album like that for my mom from our time in the States in 2022-23, but sometimes that feels more overwhelming than making an entire album of layouts!

I'm not particularly scrapping because it's not a long weekend for me in the Philippines, but school did just let out, and I feel urge to scrap again. My summer goal is to finish my 2022 album. I'm at November, so it seems like a reasonable goal. And I'd like to get caught up on 2024 (I've done the first month.), but that might be too hopeful. I have some professional goals I'm working on, as well as my garden and Candy Crush Friends. ; )
Old 05-26-2024, 09:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Your albums are awesome, Krista!
I had to have a tooth extracted on Thursday and have been in a great deal of pain, so concentrating on anything like scrapping has been out of the question. I'm hoping that I'll start feeling better today and I need to do 7 more pages for this month's CYOA. Hopefully, I can get a few pages done today!
Old 05-26-2024, 09:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
Your albums are awesome, Krista!
I had to have a tooth extracted on Thursday and have been in a great deal of pain, so concentrating on anything like scrapping has been out of the question. I'm hoping that I'll start feeling better today and I need to do 7 more pages for this month's CYOA. Hopefully, I can get a few pages done today!
Thank you!
Ugh, sounds painful! I hope you can get scrap today.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Your album looks great, Krista!
My summer goal is to finish my 2022 album. I'm at November, so it seems like a reasonable goal. And I'd like to get caught up on 2024 (I've done the first month.), but that might be too hopeful.
Thank you!
You are so close to finishing 2022!!
Old 05-26-2024, 09:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I think those are great, Krista! I love the simple, clean lines, and I bet it feels so good to get these done!

I WANT to scrap this weekend, but I am working outside, of course. I need to get things in the ground, including seeds!
Thank you! We spent some time outside yesterday but I do not have a green thumb. lol
Old 05-26-2024, 04:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to finish April 2024, and download the 1100 photos I took at Harper's Soccer Tournament, get those all sorted.

Krista, I love the books you made.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:23 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My husband is in retail so this is his busiest time, so we're not doing anything. Since he's been so busy our new BBQ still sits in the box so no cooking out either. My allergies go crazy if I'm outside for even 10 minutes so I can't work on it. I'm staying inside and scrapping, doing a few crafts, and reading.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Check in here

7 layouts completed with 16 ready to be scrapped (ie templates filled with photos)
2 simple Shutterfly photo books completed (not ordered yet)
Old 05-27-2024, 12:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Those albums are great Krista! Sometimes simple & accomplished just feels so good too!

We just got home yesterday from the State softball tourney- so I'm playing catchup on a few CT duties with a couple layouts, but otherwise, it's LOTS of laundry & meal plan for the week & get ready for Travel ball season- which starts next weekend! I'm also happy that I have tomorrow off work too- so I imagine that will be my scrapping day!
Old 05-27-2024, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
get ready for Travel ball season- which starts next weekend! I'm also happy that I have tomorrow off work too- so I imagine that will be my scrapping day!
Our Summer Ball starts next week too. My son's team is going to Cooperstown in July. Have you been?
Old 05-27-2024, 01:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Our Summer Ball starts next week too. My son's team is going to Cooperstown in July. Have you been?
No since it's softball they dont have anything like that- well sorta with Oklahoma and the women's college world series but we haven't been to that one since it's so far away. We do spend a week every summer at a popular tourney in Colorado that we love! Good luck this season!
Old 05-28-2024, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterr View Post
My husband is in retail so this is his busiest time, so we're not doing anything. Since he's been so busy our new BBQ still sits in the box so no cooking out either. My allergies go crazy if I'm outside for even 10 minutes so I can't work on it. I'm staying inside and scrapping, doing a few crafts, and reading.
What are you reading?
Old 05-29-2024, 12:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Got my 4 layouts done, the 1167 photos narrowed down to 252, shared with the parents, separated the ones of Harper I want to narrow further.

Now I really have to start retagging everything after this last stupid hard drive failure.

I can't find anything, LOL!

Quote:
Check in here

7 layouts completed with 16 ready to be scrapped (ie templates filled with photos)
2 simple Shutterfly photo books completed (not ordered yet)
Old 05-29-2024, 02:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

While I don’t know exactly how many LOs I finished this weekend, I finished two books for my littles! My whole crew is “graduating “ and leaving me for kindergarten… most I have had since they were babies in 2019/2020. But out last one joined the crew in 2021.
So one book is monthly LOs from the earlier years. Approximately 60 pages.

And then the other book is “Our ABC’s of Pre-k” approximately 76 pages.

The ABC book has this letter at the end.

My heart is a little sad. It’s hard to let them go….

Each little will get both books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 05-29-2024, 02:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What lovely books, Stacy! And I bet you will miss those littles! Are you getting a fresh batch in the fall?

Old 05-30-2024, 07:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
What lovely books, Stacy! And I bet you will miss those littles! Are you getting a fresh batch in the fall?
Thank you!! Yup a new batch of babies and one year olds move in this fall.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 05-30-2024, 07:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love your books, Stacy!