Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2023, 09:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me about high school graduation parties

in your neck of the woods.

So our oldest just graduated high school on the 4th and this Saturday is her graduation party or Open House as they call them here in Michigan.

Now, either this wasn't a thing in Florida when I graduated high school, I was oblivious, or the fact that I enlisted and left for the Air Force just 9 days after high school graduation, may be why I don't remember. But I'd be curious to hear how you celebrate where you live.

When I graduated, the day after graduation, my immediate family, and a couple friends came to our house for a small BBQ and cake.

Parties here really range from something that resembles a baby shower to a small wedding reception. You basically are suppose to invite everyone you know and feed them, LOL! Plus, it's just a revolving door for a few hours, so keeping everything hot, ugh, can you tell it's stressing me out!

I've been to a couple this season, we missed several we were invited to last week because we were out of town, some people have rented halls, some have rented food trucks.

Common theme, lots of photos of your kiddo through out the years, school colors, either high school or the college they're headed too.

I'm doing a nacho bar, pretty low key (I'm hope, I've never had to feed this many people) and we're trying an Italian soda bar, cake and I may make cookies if I'm feeling up to it come Thursday.

We're having it at our house, even more fun, there are a total of 3 seniors in our neighborhood, we live within 6 house of each other and all three parties are the same day. So parking should be fun. LOL!

Pray for me! And tell me if there are other places that celebrate like this!