Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2024, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Weekend plans??

Let's face it! We all know it's iNSD weekend BUT

do you have any other plans besides being stuck in front of the computer all day??

I have to drive one of my girl to ballet practice, her recital is in a couple weeks.
I have a video call with some friends from the west coast.
And I also have a date night planned tomorrow night and we can leave the kids at the Y for 3 hours! Pretty nice!
Old 05-03-2024, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I drove 5ish hours today to get part of the way to a soccer game tomorrow - 8 hours from home. I'm so sad I can't be stuck to the computer all weekend - though always love watching my kid play. He has a game tomorrow afternoon - then we drive 2 hours to stay the night in another town for a game Sunday then after that game drive the 9 hours home - hoping it isn't too wet and for good games and trying to not be too sad for missing part of iNSD fun
Old 05-03-2024, 11:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter's best friend is a senior in hs (my daughter is a sophomore) and prom is tomorrow (saturday.) Somehow I got roped into doing not only her hair, but at last count- 6 of her other friends' hair! ack! I'm good at hair-but that's A LOT of hairspray! I told her she better make it worth my while (aka Starbucks) to spend my afternoon there instead of here online! Otherwise, it's just the usual, catch up on housework and hopefully get some yardwork done if it's not too rainy.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have 3 soccer games and 1 baseball game. Rain is coming in on Saturday so that might free up some time for more scrappin'!!
Old 05-04-2024, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Let's face it! We all know it's iNSD weekend BUT

do you have any other plans besides being stuck in front of the computer all day??

I have to drive one of my girl to ballet practice, her recital is in a couple weeks.
I have a video call with some friends from the west coast.
And I also have a date night planned tomorrow night and we can leave the kids at the Y for 3 hours! Pretty nice!
Your weekend plans sound so fun!! Love that you have video calls w/ friends on the west coast! Yay for technology!

Relaxing weekend here, going to visit my sister today and just hang out tomorrow! Plenty of time to scrap, I'm sure!
Old 05-04-2024, 11:27 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I work both of my 'real life' jobs today so I won't be around today unfortunately. First part of the day I work my caregiver position for a lady a town over from me, then for dinner I work culinary as wait staff in the cafe of a nursing home near me.

Hope everyone has fun today!

Old 05-04-2024, 11:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

May is just such a busy month, isn't it?

Today its really nice out - so lawn work... but I also need to spend time in the basement to pull out the stuff in storage for our camper. My son has a makeup viola lesson at 1 this afternoon.

Tomorrow (Sunday) - he has viola recital... and hubby has a business trip that he will be leaving for, so packing, laundry, etc...
Old 05-04-2024, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're going to a May the 4th (Star Wars themed) trivia event tonight at a local brewery and tomorrow is my mom's 85th birthday so we are taking her out for brunch which is 2 hours away from me so it will be a long day!
Old 05-04-2024, 04:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We cleaned up the garage (it gets messy and dirty over the winter, and the sow finally seems to be staying away - last time was Tuesday). Kiddo #2 is at a party right now, hoping to play cards/dice with friends later. Tomorrow ... not sure lol

Old 05-04-2024, 05:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Sunday is my husband’s birthday. We are having dinner at Bonefish Grill and a homemade cake. I did get to scrap today and I’m sure I’ll have some more time tomorrow morning.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We did some swimsuit shopping today and are headed out to dinner tonight at the restaurant my daughter's boyfriend works at....b/c you know teenagers... a few hours apart is far too long! But really, she wanted to go and I don't want to cook so everyone wins except my wallet. :P

Tomorrow I have to work along with every day next week b/c everyone wants flowers for Mother's Day so it's going to be a busy week at the nursery!
Old 05-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! What busy ladies! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading them all
Old 05-04-2024, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had to drive into the city to return a pair of pants. . . bought another pair and a few shirts that I didn't need.
Also, I hit up the camera store because I needed a new protective filter for my one lens (I needed it because the one I had broke which saved my lens from breaking). I also kind of maybe ordered a new lens. It was on sale for $100 off, and I am trading in a lens I never use, making it even cheaper!

I should have stayed at home and continued to scrap, it would have been a lot cheaper, lol
Old 05-04-2024, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husband and daughter are away at a National Archery competition so I have the house to myself. I'm doing nothing more glamorous than staying in my jammies as long as possible and sitting at the computer trying to sort our Europe trip and scrapping. I could be cleaning the house and doing a whole lot of other very responsible things, but it's all on hold while I just 'be'. So good
Old 05-04-2024, 11:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My husband had to go to the city today to get a friend to help him fix a drive belt on the car.. I stayed back to just rest and stuff. Monday we have a contractor coming to do our bathroom because we had a bit of a flood in Apri and need to redo the bathroom. our house is from the 70s and the bathroom has been on the list forever to update so I will be glad to have it new. I'm SO relieved that he didn't come in these last couple of weeks because the thought of trying to design while having someone here working on the bathroom was stressing me out!
Old 05-05-2024, 02:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

On saturday i had to work. (Real life job i. A fashion store). And today for us sunday we are going to the park to celebrate liberation day. Many different Dutch artists are performing there. And down town there are many stages with bands to celebrate our freedom.
Old 05-05-2024, 06:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I plan to do nothing this weekend!
We were away last weekend so I'd be doing some house chores and grocery shopping and some cooking but that's it!

Old 05-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No scrapping for me.... it was Bridal Shower weekend!

I know bad planning on my part, but it was the only day we could get all the bridal party together before my other daughter leave for Grad school... and that happens in like 10 days.....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 05-06-2024, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I spent most of Saturday in Holland, MI at the Tulip Time festival walking through fields of tulips, eating, watching Dutch dancing and walking around the downtown area. It was a fun day and I have lots of pics to scrap (on top of all the others waiting to be scrapped). I hadn't been since we went as part of a school field trip when I was maybe in 4th grade and I love the spring bulbs!