Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-16-2021, 01:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Tap Water

As a kid, we always drank tap water.
When we rented, we used a lot of bottled water. Now that we've bought a house again, we have an under the sink water filter.
We've lived in a few places that had really icky tasting water. The water here isn't too bad, but that extra bit of filtering helps.

I'm so glad to have the water filter because we were going through tons of water bottles!

Do you drink your tap water, use bottle water, a water filter (pitcher or built in)?
Old 08-16-2021, 01:58 PM
Banned

profile gallery

We use a pitcher filter. Our tap water is pretty decent, but I like the added filtering just in case. We don't buy plastic water bottles. I keep a couple of glass pitchers on hand in the pantry for emergencies.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we have the filter built into ours too, reverse osmosis
Old 08-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I drink tap water (but no one else in my house will) and water from the built in fridge filter.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-16-2021, 02:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
We use a pitcher filter. Our tap water is pretty decent, but I like the added filtering just in case. We don't buy plastic water bottles. I keep a couple of glass pitchers on hand in the pantry for emergencies.
My mom (who lives with us) still drinks from plastic water bottles. It's easier for her to take her pills, and there's less chance of it spilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
we have the filter built into ours too, reverse osmosis
I considered getting a reverse osmosis filter when I bought ours. I opted for a less expensive filter, but am still considering switching to the reverse osmosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I drink tap water (but no one else in my house will) and water from the built in fridge filter.
That's funny! I think we started buying water bottles when our (then teenage) daughter wouldn't drink from the tap or the fridge filtered water. LOL!
Old 08-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We put in a second faucet with a filter for water on our new sink...it is nice for filling up the tea pitcher when I make a gallon. I drink from that or the fridge filter. We buy water bottles at Costco too and keep them on hand for when running out the door last minute. We all have reusable water bottles to use as well...Kids need them for school bc there are no water fountains anymore only the refill stations.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We have a filter on our fridge, but totally don't replace it as often as it wants. lol At work, I drink tap water.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm very picking about the taste of water. The water in Baltimore tastes ok from the tap but I still prefer to filter it. Our fridge has the water dispenser. I also have Brita filters just in case that I had from previous house that didn't have the water from the fridge.

What's funny is that when I go back to France where I grew up I think the water tastes horrible even though it never bothered me when I was younger.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:43 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Either tap, or brita filter here. I do have a few bottles of water here, but that is more in case of emergencies, or they have to do day long repairs to the water in the apartment I live in.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We only buy bottles for vacation/camping (though we do also have a brita for the RV). At home we have a reverse osmosis too - have had it for like 10 years - take out the fluoride and chlorine from the city water. Fridge is filtered too, but not like the reversed filter.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our tap water is absolutely disgusting...tastes like chlorine and caca all mixed into one (sorrynotsorry...lol). I buy bottled water from Costco. I like my water tasteless.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
We put in a second faucet with a filter for water on our new sink...it is nice for filling up the tea pitcher when I make a gallon. I drink from that or the fridge filter. We buy water bottles at Costco too and keep them on hand for when running out the door last minute. We all have reusable water bottles to use as well...Kids need them for school bc there are no water fountains anymore only the refill stations.
That's what ours has - a second (small) faucet. And I agree, it's perfect for filling up larger pots.
Refill stations seem like they'd be healthier in schools. It just seems odd to not have drinking fountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
We have a filter on our fridge, but totally don't replace it as often as it wants. lol At work, I drink tap water.
I'm hit & miss on replacing the filters in a timely manner, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm very picking about the taste of water. The water in Baltimore tastes ok from the tap but I still prefer to filter it. Our fridge has the water dispenser. I also have Brita filters just in case that I had from previous house that didn't have the water from the fridge.

What's funny is that when I go back to France where I grew up I think the water tastes horrible even though it never bothered me when I was younger.
My daughter is like that. There are some bottled waters that she doesn't like. LOL!
I'm the same way about water from where I grew up!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
My daughter is like that. There are some bottled waters that she doesn't like. LOL!
I'm the same way about water from where I grew up!
I don't like Arrowhead or Crystal Geyser...

Old 08-16-2021, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeee View Post
Either tap, or brita filter here. I do have a few bottles of water here, but that is more in case of emergencies, or they have to do day long repairs to the water in the apartment I live in.
We drink so much water that Brita pitchers were never enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
We only buy bottles for vacation/camping (though we do also have a brita for the RV). At home we have a reverse osmosis too - have had it for like 10 years - take out the fluoride and chlorine from the city water. Fridge is filtered too, but not like the reversed filter.
It makes sense to buy water bottles when you're camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Our tap water is absolutely disgusting...tastes like chlorine and caca all mixed into one (sorrynotsorry...lol). I buy bottled water from Costco. I like my water tasteless.
Hahahaha!! Too funny! When I was in high school we went up to Lemoore. The water there smelled like sulfur! It was SO gross!!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I don't like Arrowhead or Crystal Geyser...
None of us like Arrowhead! It has a weird taste! I know I've tried Crystal Geyser, but I don't remember its taste. When I buy water bottles, I usually buy Costco's brand.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We drink so much water that Brita pitchers were never enough!

It makes sense to buy water bottles when you're camping.

Hahahaha!! Too funny! When I was in high school we went up to Lemoore. The water there smelled like sulfur! It was SO gross!!
Oh yes...Lemoore is one of those cities that you don't drink the water...so is Kettleman City.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh yes...Lemoore is one of those cities that you don't drink the water...so is Kettleman City.
OMGoodness! I couldn't believe they were drinking it, and showering in it. They made lemonade that smelled like sulfur!! SO nasty!
Old 08-16-2021, 06:27 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I don't drink much water but the tap water in my town isn't that bad and what I'm used to. However, I do have some bottles in my refrigerator. I got in the habit of buying them when I was working out at a gym and I took one to sip from while on the treadmill. I no longer go to a gym but still keep some. Handy to take with me when walking the dog on really hot days.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don’t like drinking tap water. Our city has good water according to this website but I still too sensitive to the taste of chlorine in it. We have a great filter in our fridge for water, so we use that and replace it SO often because we drink water constantly. The Brita pitcher wasn’t enough for us. I’d love to get a whole house water filter but it’s not high on our list of must-haves right now. We really only buy bottled water for the hurricanes! We fill our reusable cups from the fridge. https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/

Last edited by YepBrook; 08-19-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here at my parent's house, they have their water filtered twice so the water is VERY good. However before moving here we used Zero Water filters and it tastes amazing!!!
Old 08-16-2021, 06:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I checked Leemore on that website I posted and it says 13 contaminants! Woah! Our water here Boca Raton water has 4, which is good. It’s not great to see any, but I will take 4. Hopefully our filter is handling those?

Old 08-16-2021, 07:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have a filter in the fridge and that's the water we drink

Old 08-16-2021, 09:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We drink tap water. We only buy bottled to keep with our emergency supplies.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I considered getting a reverse osmosis filter when I bought ours. I opted for a less expensive filter, but am still considering switching to the reverse osmosis.

ours might not be like real reverse osmosis.. i don't know. It's the one under the sink though and it works for us LOL. Apparently we have good water here but I can't drink it bleh
Old 08-16-2021, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tap water, it doesn't bother me.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I grew up in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure our water comes directly from the crystal clear mountain streams...But if it doesn't, I don't question it.

Our city in the PHilippines is one of the only cities that has potable tap water. When we lived in Manila, we bought 5 gallon jugs of water and used a water cooler that gave hot & cold water. Here, though, we just drink from the tap because my husband is convinced that they're just refilling the 5 gallon jugs with tap water anyway, lol.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use both. I have a filter in the fridge here and then I take bottle water to work with me. I am trying to get away from the bottled water because it is so bad for the environment, but to be honest, they do not keep the water coolers clean enough at my job for me. When I look and see that the drain is funky, I can't drink that water. Even if it is the drain, if that is not clean and I can see it is not clean, what can't I see that is also not clean? Nope. Can't do it.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If I had counter space and a bit of spare money I would get a Berkey filter. It can hold quite a bit of water and I've heard so many great things about it.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

We have a Brita container for the fridge. We have good water here (a 5 on the site Brook shared), but I still prefer having it filtered if I'm just drinking straight water. If I'm making tea, Crystal Light, lemonade, etc., I will just use water from the tap.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I checked Leemore on that website I posted and it says 13 contaminants! Woah! Our water here Boca Raton water has 4, which is good. It’s not great to see any, but I will take 4. Hopefully our filter is handling those?
It says 13 for my city, too. No wonder it tastes like caca.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I have a large filtered pitcher / container in my fridge and I change the filter regularly. I am so picky about the taste of water that I swear I can actually taste when it's time to change it out.

At our previous house, we had the filter attached to the sink and it was SO EASY. Might need to look into installing that here...
Old 08-17-2021, 04:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We drink tap water. I have a big jug in the fridge that I keep filled, no filter just straight tap water but I like my water cold. At work we have a filtered water dispenser that also has a fountain head, old building so we got funding for them to be installed.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I don't drink much water but the tap water in my town isn't that bad and what I'm used to. However, I do have some bottles in my refrigerator. I got in the habit of buying them when I was working out at a gym and I took one to sip from while on the treadmill. I no longer go to a gym but still keep some. Handy to take with me when walking the dog on really hot days.
I'm glad your tap water is decent!

Quote:
I don’t like drinking tap water. Our city has good water according to this website but I still too sensitive to the taste of chlorine in it. We have a great filter in our fridge for water, so we use that and replace it SO often because we drink water constantly. The Brita pitcher wasn’t enough for us. I’d love to get a whole house water filter but it’s not high on our list of must-haves right now. We really only buy bottled water for the hurricanes! We fill our reusable cups from the fridge. http://https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/
I've never looked up how our water ranks. I just tried, but can't get into the website. I'll try again later.
We drink water all the time. Really, I don't buy sodas or anything else, so water it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Here at my parent's house, they have their water filtered twice so the water is VERY good. However before moving here we used Zero Water filters and it tastes amazing!!!
How do they have it filtered twice? Do they have a whole-house filter and then one on the sink? We talked about a whole-house filter, but then didn't do it. It's on the list. LOL!
Old 08-18-2021, 02:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Leemore is REALLY bad. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
We have a filter in the fridge and that's the water we drink
We have that, too, but I don't like cold water

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
We drink tap water. We only buy bottled to keep with our emergency supplies.
Does your water taste decent, or are you just used to it?
Old 08-18-2021, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
ours might not be like real reverse osmosis.. i don't know. It's the one under the sink though and it works for us LOL. Apparently we have good water here but I can't drink it bleh
LOL! A friend of ours has a reverse osmosis system that gives them filtered water or alkaline water. They swear by the alkaline water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
Tap water, it doesn't bother me.
That's great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I grew up in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure our water comes directly from the crystal clear mountain streams...But if it doesn't, I don't question it.

Our city in the PHilippines is one of the only cities that has potable tap water. When we lived in Manila, we bought 5 gallon jugs of water and used a water cooler that gave hot & cold water. Here, though, we just drink from the tap because my husband is convinced that they're just refilling the 5 gallon jugs with tap water anyway, lol.
I've heard there are places where the tap water tastes better than bottled water. I've never been to one, though.
LOL! I'm glad you have potable tap water. I would imagine that would be more challenging overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I use both. I have a filter in the fridge here and then I take bottle water to work with me. I am trying to get away from the bottled water because it is so bad for the environment, but to be honest, they do not keep the water coolers clean enough at my job for me. When I look and see that the drain is funky, I can't drink that water. Even if it is the drain, if that is not clean and I can see it is not clean, what can't I see that is also not clean? Nope. Can't do it.
LOL! I can appreciate that! It's probably like in the TV show "The Office"...nobody wants to clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
If I had counter space and a bit of spare money I would get a Berkey filter. It can hold quite a bit of water and I've heard so many great things about it.
I'd never heard of that filter, or anything like it. That would be good. Extra counter space is always a challenge!
Old 08-18-2021, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
We have a Brita container for the fridge. We have good water here (a 5 on the site Brook shared), but I still prefer having it filtered if I'm just drinking straight water. If I'm making tea, Crystal Light, lemonade, etc., I will just use water from the tap.
How nice to have decent tap water! I've found that my tea tastes so much better with filtered water.

Quote:
It says 13 for my city, too. No wonder it tastes like caca.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlazeFamily3 View Post
I have a large filtered pitcher / container in my fridge and I change the filter regularly. I am so picky about the taste of water that I swear I can actually taste when it's time to change it out.

At our previous house, we had the filter attached to the sink and it was SO EASY. Might need to look into installing that here...
I think having an attached filter is so much easier! We drink so much water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
We drink tap water. I have a big jug in the fridge that I keep filled, no filter just straight tap water but I like my water cold. At work we have a filtered water dispenser that also has a fountain head, old building so we got funding for them to be installed.
Wow! That's great to be able to drink straight tap water!
Old 08-18-2021, 03:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I thought it funny that we've been talking about this subject, and today on NextDoor, this thread was posted:

This is a subdivision about 1-1/2 miles from us.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Growing up we had a water cooler in our home with bottled water. Where we lived had water that tasted like sulfur. When we moved from there to KS when I was a teenager we started drinking tap water but I still prefer bottled, or at least, filtered.

I tend to buy bottled water. I do some single serve bottles, but mostly buy gallon jugs. We are talking about a filter so that we don't buy as many because our water isn't really that bad, just not what I like. No one ever remembers to fill the pitchers when we use those so I gave up. I will always have to keep bottled water on tap as long as we live here though. We've been here 5 years and have been under boil orders several times. It is safest for us just to keep a few gallons in the closet.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have good tap water and I drink a lot as iced tea. My parent's have gross water (heavy in iron) and use a Brita pitcher to make it drinkable.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
How do they have it filtered twice? Do they have a whole-house filter and then one on the sink? We talked about a whole-house filter, but then didn't do it. It's on the list. LOL!
They have a house-filter and then when you draw from the faucets or the fridge, it's filtered again.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Growing up we had a water cooler in our home with bottled water. Where we lived had water that tasted like sulfur. When we moved from there to KS when I was a teenager we started drinking tap water but I still prefer bottled, or at least, filtered.

I tend to buy bottled water. I do some single serve bottles, but mostly buy gallon jugs. We are talking about a filter so that we don't buy as many because our water isn't really that bad, just not what I like. No one ever remembers to fill the pitchers when we use those so I gave up. I will always have to keep bottled water on tap as long as we live here though. We've been here 5 years and have been under boil orders several times. It is safest for us just to keep a few gallons in the closet.
Wow! Sounds like it's definitely safest to have bottles of water around. I wonder if a filter would be good enough when you're under boil orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
We have good tap water and I drink a lot as iced tea. My parent's have gross water (heavy in iron) and use a Brita pitcher to make it drinkable.
I envy having good enough tap water to drink and make tea with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
They have a house-filter and then when you draw from the faucets or the fridge, it's filtered again.
That makes sense.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In the Netherlands we have good tapwater wich you can drink.

When we came to WDW for the first time and
Had water there it tasted so bad, that i understand you guys need filters in a lot of places.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
In the Netherlands we have good tapwater wich you can drink.

When we came to WDW for the first time and
Had water there it tasted so bad, that i understand you guys need filters in a lot of places.
Did you think we were all crazy using filters before you tried the water at WDW?
Old 08-27-2021, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a separate filtered water spout at the kitchen sink and filtered water dispenser built into the fridge but our regular tap water tastes just fine to me. I don't drink a lot of plain water anyway, I usually put a few stevia flavored drops into it, so it really doesn't matter much to me if it is filtered or not.