Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2024, 08:28 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default What kind of scrapper are you?

I have been scrapbooking for over 15 years but really I did memory keeping in my early youth. I have evolved over time from clipping newspaper cartoons every week to memory and ancestorial scrapbooking. This leads me to the following question for enquiring minds want to know.

What kind of scrapper have you evolved from?
Old 05-03-2024, 08:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used to make 'photo albums' which I guess were scrapbooks (paper) of my travels (photos, brochures, tickets, souvenirs, etc) from about age 18... but nothing else until my first son was born in 2006. Then I started (paper) scrapbooking as we know it here at the Sweet Shoppe which turned to digital about two years after that.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I too evolved from big paper albums to the big 3ring albums with my digital layouts and now I'm just starting to print out yearly bound books. I think that's the biggest thing that has changed- I'm mindful of the storage aspect of these memories!
Old 05-03-2024, 10:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started with making a yearbook for my dorm - that evolved into paper scrapping for a few years, then I found Digi and have never turned back. I think I'm the memory keeper for my family though - even just a few days ago my aunt texted to see if I had any pics of her daughter growing up that I could send her for her daughter's (my cousin's) 30th birthday lol

Old 05-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I also started with clipping newspaper articles. I put them in artist sketch pads. I also put all my photos in photo albums with notations of who, when and where but I didn't associate it as scrapbooking. I didn't learn that term for another 20 to 25 years when I started in 1998/1999.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was always the person taking photos of my friends, even back in high school in the 90's. I took photos and stuck them in albums, but that was it. When my first child was born, I wanted to remember what was happening in each photo. After trying to caption them all for a few months, I found scrapbooking. I did 1 paper layout, then 1 hybrid layout, and by my 3rd layout I was 100% digital. My style has evolved as scrapping has, but through the 20 years I've been digiscrapping I've always been a paper-style digital scrapper.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started filling photo albums and then taping/gluing memorabilia into scrapbooks. Now I record life's moments:
on social media
thru scrapbooking
in photo albums
in home videos/slide shows
Old 05-04-2024, 08:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I actually haven't changed much from how I scrapped in the beginning--moments, events, people, etc. I do more daily/weekly spreads now than I did back then, but I was focused on capturing moments and memories of my life that I didn't want to forget. And I needed a "practical" outlet for all my photography projects, so scrapping them felt like the logical next step. Still is!

Old 05-04-2024, 12:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started out as a vacation scrapbooker... then my son was born and I switched to everyday scrapbooker. I'm still very much into that... I LOVE scrapbooking about those tiny little memories, every day conversations, real life things that I know I will forget in the future... now I'm horrible at scrapbooking vacations or holidays/birthdays.