Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Who do your kids look like? (PMS moment)

I don't know if it's just me, but today nothing puts a bee in my bonnet like comments about who my kids look like. I used to think it was fun when they were babies, but I'm kind of over it now.

I can see why people say it, I mean, I've said it myself at times. But when I really think about it, it's just strange how surprised people seem that our children look like us?! Or one of us, at least. The most annoying thing is when family gets involved or start chiming in... like my in-laws who NEVER say the kids look like me. The most genetic influence they've ever given me is when they say: "yes, they're a good mix of you both".

I have friends who don't realize it, but constantly identify my children's looks with my husband. It's like a 'thing'. I don't know why, maybe people assume because the children came out of my body that I don't need any further connection... so it's their duty to let me know they look like him (and not, say, the mailman)?

/endrant