Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Are we all sticking our heads in the ground?

Or am I the only one that is POed at the people who were discovered to be part of that big piracy web ring recently? I have seen no chatter on here about it but I just had to say out loud that it is really disappointing to have found out the names of those part of it! They robbed our designers here at SSD. And for all I know they took away my CT spot when I tried for a team and how totally disrespectful to the whole notion of what a CT is. I just wanted to say SHAME ON THEM!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

Last edited by alansrock; 11-12-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. I mean I know there is piracy but I dont know about who is doing it or who it is being done too. I have come across it once on ebay and reported it to the people who it was being done to. I do agree though it is horrible to steal the designs of someone knowingly. I know some people do it without realizing because they dont know that the designs are stolen but to just pass it around is just plain wrong

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I agree and one of them was someone that I really liked. I can't believe anyone would betray any of my girls here!! I was seriously pissed last week, but I'm settling down now. LOL
Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i agree. it's very wrong and selfish.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had no idea about it either. How did you hear about it?

Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. I mean I know there is piracy but I dont know about who is doing it or who it is being done too. I have come across it once on ebay and reported it to the people who it was being done to. I do agree though it is horrible to steal the designs of someone knowingly. I know some people do it without realizing because they dont know that the designs are stolen but to just pass it around is just plain wrong
A big pirate ring was found and shutdown and there were many prominent people from this community who WERE on CTs that were part of it!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only incident I knew about was from the IP banned thread Robin posted over a month ago. Yes, I think it really irks most of us. It gives me an icky feeling finding out about these things.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this recent stuff happened last week.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmos75 View Post
The designers I CT for told us about it. They had to change all of their passwords, etc as they all felt so betrayed and didn't know who to trust on the teams...at least that is how it was with 2 of my designers. Who could blame them?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can't blame them one bit!! It is betrayal and theft pure and simple.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

not being on any creative teams I guess I would not have heard about this. That does really suck that people would do that. I have tried to get on a few teams and if I ever did I would never do that. That is just plain horrible. The instance I am talking about a woman (I assume) was selling designs on ebay and claiming them as her own. I knew the designs did not belong to her so I messaged the designers who I recognized. Im sure there were more who I did not recognize because I had just started at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
A big pirate ring was found and shutdown and there were many prominent people from this community who WERE on CTs that were part of it!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmos75 View Post
I found out through several of my CT's, and got the impression it wasn't supposed to leave the CT forum, like any info I get from my designers. so...that's why I haven't mentioned it publicly...not because I'm sticking my head in the sand

I got the impression, though I wasn't certain, that it wasn't going to be discussed publicly. I COULD be wrong about that though.

That being said, it really angered me and shocked me. I am so sad for my designers who were betrayed. And angry that the actions of a few have cast an air of suspicion over honest scrappers.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
I found out through several of my CT's, and got the impression it wasn't supposed to leave the CT forum, like any info I get from my designers. so...that's why I haven't mentioned it publicly...not because I'm sticking my head in the sand

I got the impression, though I wasn't certain, that it wasn't going to be discussed publicly. I COULD be wrong about that though.

That being said, it really angered me and shocked me. I am so sad for my designers who were betrayed. And angry that the actions of a few have cast an air of suspicion over honest scrappers.
That's the same reason I never mentioned anything Lena.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post

The only thing that was private about it was the names from what my designers told me. I think NOT talking about it makes it seem like it was ok. The more aware people are the more informed they are so they know not to do it!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is a really serious personal thing that we will address when we are ready It is all still under investigation.

besides - the ssd team is really super busy working on lots of goodies for you all

it is sad, and a reminder to everyone that file sharing is a big big no no that hurts designers.

Lets just focus on the good stuff k girls... If/When robin sees fit to bring it up she will do so.

until then speculation and chatter about it will just stir up stuff...

Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey guys,

We appreciate the concern and are researching the depth of the situation currently. As I personally dont like to make sweeping decisions which affect people's reputations community-wide without knowing all of the facts, action has not been taken on a site-wide level at this point.

That said, every one we know was involved with the situation was removed from the designer's personal creative teams and confronted with the information we do have. While I know it's easy to cry for the hammer of justice to crash down on people who have wronged us, it's also a delicate situation when you have everything from people you believe to have made a genuine mistake once upon a time before they knew better and people you believe are currently continuing the activity under a different name.

In light of that, we would really appreciate your patience with all of this as we deal with it using a process we feel is fairest for all involved including our team of designers who have a ton on their plates right now.

I promise that once we have the information we need, we will be taking the appropriate measures with all parties involved.

Robin
Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hey guys,

We appreciate the concern and are researching the depth of the situation currently. As I personally dont like to make sweeping decisions which affect people's reputations community-wide without knowing all of the facts, action has not been taken on a site-wide level at this point.

That said, every one we know was involved with the situation was removed from the designer's personal creative teams and confronted with the information we do have. While I know it's easy to cry for the hammer of justice to crash down on people who have wronged us, it's also a delicate situation when you have everything from people you believe to have made a genuine mistake once upon a time before they knew better and people you believe are currently continuing the activity under a different name.

In light of that, we would really appreciate your patience with all of this as we deal with it using a process we feel is fairest for all involved including our team of designers who have a ton on their plates right now.

I promise that once we have the information we need, we will be taking the appropriate measures with all parties involved.

Robin
Well said Robin! Thanks for addressing the issue! I just felt like it was being swept under the table and needed to talk about it. I wasn't trying to judge anyone just speak out about how betrayed I feel.

If you need to delete this thread I understand...I wasn't trying to stir the pot rather just voice my concern about it!

THANKS AGAIN!