Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default DUDE GROSS! Warning like really gross!

Okay so a little back history! My older son Wesley is gonna be four in November and when he was 2 or so he was fascinated with poop, it was so gross and I can not say how many mornings I would walk in to find this kid had managed to take off his diaper and "paint" his room. Sorry I know thats nasty but just my world LOL SOOO Noah has been cosleeping up until a week a go. We finally started to put him in the room with his bro. This morning I woke up at around 9ish or so and realised omg they are still in there, they slept through the night and are quiet! So i peeked into check on them and was HORRIFED! Noah had taken his diaper off and crapped on the floor!! So I spent a good 45 minutes scrubbing the carpet in there in tears lol! I swear I am going to buy the best duct tape I can find and tape this kids diaper on or something cause I can not go through this again. He isnt even 2 yet! We tryed everything with little wes and he just kinda grew out of it. I think he managed to gross himself out one time and that was that for him. Anyway kinda a rant I guess but I do not want to deal with this ever again LOL If you made it this far bless your heart LOL
Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That sucks Sarah! I hear duct tape is the best thing for when a kid takes off his/her diaper a lot. My girls have taken off their diaper before but never when there was poop in it. Poor you!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

oh, honey thats awful! I remember babysitting overnight for my husband's (then my bf) neice and when I went in to get her in the morning she had played in her poop and she, the crib, and everything in it was covered in poop. It was awful.
My friend used to duct tape her son's diapers on him because he always took them off. It worked for them. With Connor, when he started doing this (never played with his poop, thank god, but peed all over his crib) we just put him in footie jammies. But Noah might be too old for that and its summer. lol
Whatever you decide, best of luck. Thats all so nasty and I understand why you're so frustrated.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Uggg my Connor used to do this sans the poop-you know how those diapers are when they are wet...Like Gel-he would strew that gel soaked with pee all over his room...I finally did go the duct tape route because it was so disgusting.
I think I would have died if it would have been poop!
I'll be thinking of you and your quest for the perfect duct tape.

We ended up using the Duck Tape Brand with Connor...Stopped his Gel Pee Parties from the first time we used it.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

All you ladies with your horror stories make me think twice about having kids

I'm kidding. But EW!

Duct that sucker on there girl! More power to ya!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ewwwwww. Lol

Ihope you find a solution because I know I couldn't deal with that everyday!

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Been there. You can also try to put the diaper on backwards. We also put underwear over the diaper. He couldn't get both the diaper and the underwear off.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Hey Sarah, maybe it's time to start potty training if he's taking his diaper off to poop somewhere. Seems like I've heard this before..just a thought! And btw..ew!

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DUDE! SO GROSS!! Definitely do the duct tape. No one should have to deal with poo all over the place first thing in the morning.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you girls! I called my mom and she acted like I was nuts when I mentioned the duct tape, well first she laughed kinda nervously and then she said seriously?? I had to giggle cause I could see her face in my minid with her head all cocked to one side thinking about it. We tryed the backwards footies with Wes and I swear this kid must have been a magician in another life. He coulda got out of a straight jacket LOL. Ugh I just hope if he EVER does this again he will do it on a weekend when my husbands home so I can sleep in and he can scrub the crap!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ferretlover17
Default LOL :D

Hey there.. I went thru the same thing with my daughter who is now 3, Now my 11 Month old son loves poop too... he keeps going to his sisters lil potty and getting into it.... I have put it into the bathroom and try to keep the door shut but you know how life goes... you cant sit by the door 24/7 to watch to make sure they dont open the door... I have actually made some funny "poopy" layouts.. with journaling... but I'm not sure if we are aloud to upload that kind of material.. etc.

Have a good day..

p.s. I had to keep onsies on my daughter until she was two... and YES we have actually done duct tape. it comes in all colors at home depot..
Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mason would do this as punishment to me when I'd make him have a nap in his room, lol. He wouldn't stay in his room, so we had to start locking him in (he was about 18 months old)...once he was asleep I'd unlatch the lock for safety. Anyhow, he realized what I was doing and he would smear poop all over his room. It's like he'd purposely poop during naptime so he could do it. It was SOOOO frustrating.

Natalie never did it, thankfully...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh that stinks (no pun intended)! My oldest DS has taken his diaper off when he pooped too before, luckily he just let his diaper sit on the floor without doing anything with it. I can't imagine what you had to clean up, I feel for you
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First let me say you poor girls!! I am so sorry you al had to go through this too, its SO not fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyscrap View Post
Mason would do this as punishment to me when I'd make him have a nap in his room, lol. He wouldn't stay in his room, so we had to start locking him in (he was about 18 months old)...once he was asleep I'd unlatch the lock for safety. Anyhow, he realized what I was doing and he would smear poop all over his room. It's like he'd purposely poop during naptime so he could do it. It was SOOOO frustrating.

Natalie never did it, thankfully...
OMG Bree we went through the same thing with Wesley!!! We had to latch his door too. (and unlatch) and he would do the exact same thing!! I mean everything was covered. So I unlatched after ac ouple times and it didnt help at all!!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Shannon, Mason used to do the whole pee-gel thing too...those suckers are impossible to clean up, lmao! He was always proud of himself when I'd walk in and see a diaper literally ripped to shreds on his bed and all over the room.

This is REALLY curing my need for another baby, lol...thanks girls!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went through that with my DD! She was fascinated with crap too! UGH! And she started climbing out of her crib at a awfully young age so I had to buy one of those tents that goes over the whole crib and zips up...well, I walked in one morning to find she smeared poop allllll over that meshy tent! This this was a pain-in-the-butt to put on the crib and taking it off with poop all over it was way worse! SOO gross!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter did that and yes it WAS gross... you know you have to hate it when you walk in in the morning and your daughters FACE..including her MOUTH are covered! What finally worked for me was I bought jammies that zipped allllll the way up and then pinned the zipper shut with one of those baby-safe diaper pins so she couldn't take her clothes off. Another thing I did, lol, she would always pull her sheet off and end up sleeping on bare plastic (what a wild child she was at night!) I would take a regular twin size sheet and fold it in half and sew the two sides so it basically looked like a giant pillow case and put her mattress in it, so she couldn't pull it off. That child brought out more creativity in her crib years that I ever would have imagined! LOL

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh lordy. I am one lucky momma!

both my kids couldn't take the smell of poop so they had no desire to play with it. which is good b/c something like that would have sent me completely over the edge.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh man!! so sorry hon! that is some crazy crap (sorry...had to. LOL!) to be going through. i would be mortified!!! hope he stops that real soon, like yesterday!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMGosh Sarah!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Sarah!! I'm so sorry you're having poop issues with the boys!! I don't think I would handle that very well!! I love Amanda's idea of putting the diaper on backwards and underwear over it!! That might actually be comical watching him try to get out of that!! LOL!!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG! Sarah! That is so gross!!! I don't really have any advice, but I am so sorry!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

((hugs))

Diaper diving is gross. I hate it, and almost all kids want to try it. I think it is a conspiracy. I'm SO sorry!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Oh ick. I'm sorry Sarah.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Sarah, I to have been there and done that. What worked for me was putting Aiden in what we labeled his spiderman outfit. We put a pair of pants on him and then buttoned the onesie on the outside of the pants. This kept him from digging in his poo. Maybe it'll work for you too. And I so know about the cleaning up in tears...it really is just the grossest of gross experiences to clean up after those kind of messes. I cried everytime too! Hang in there hun! THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

BTDT with Annika. It is sooooo gross!! We used to put her in a front zip sleeper, but with the zipper on the back. It was hard finding one without feet, but now that I think about it, just cut them off!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2aria06

Yuck! I have been hoping that Arianna doesn't think to do that! Sorry you have to deal with that Sarah! I'd definitely be reaching for the duct tape!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have four grown boys, and never once, did I experience anything like that!! My boys were even afraid to wipe their own bottoms for fear that they'd touch it!! SO......yes...I'd duct tape it!! I'd do whatever I had to do to make sure it never happened again!!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

DUCT TAPE. Go for it. No one should have to go through that. EVER.

da

Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My heart goes out to you all. I think my mother accused me of doing this once as a kid. Thank goodness my kids didn't do that. I've cleaned up gallons and gallons of puke, but I don't know that I could handle day after day of poop art.

Good luck with this, Sarah.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hugs ... I've been putting Chase into a onesie at night so that he can't get his diaper off. I went in to get him one day and it was off and so now he either has shorts or a onesie on at night. He hasn't taken his shorts off yet ... just a matter of time.

Good luck! (my Chase will be 2 in September)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

OH my I forgot what i have to look forward to
I say bring out the duct tape the things we go through for our kids

Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL I have this kid in backward jammys cause my lazy behind didnt make it out for the duct tape, say a little prayer. I hope to god he doesnt come out like he did this morning!