Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Should I do it!? -Separating Alphas

I am really struggling with if I should put ALLLL my kit alphas in a separate file. There are so many of them that would work great with different kits. I probably have 100+ different alphabets between all the kits and separate ones I have bought. I don't have a practical way to view them all so I usually just stick with whats in a specific kit when I do my layouts.

I feel like I would use them so much more if I could see them easier. Right now I have 3 separate folders for all my digital:

TOOLS ~ All tools (templates, overlays, assorted single elements etc)

COLLECTIONS ~ mostly subdivided by company (SSD, OScraps, Ginger, JSS etc. and then by designer if there are several from one designer)

ALPHAS ~ all the alphas I have purchased individually that don't come with a kit.

I used that Img2icns app to switch most of my folders to icons so my Alphas folders are all letter "A" showing what alpha is in the file. (can I say here how I wish all designers would include the full alpha as one image, in addition to individual files)

If I had space on my HD I would duplicate it all and keep one set with the kit and one set in the alphas folder. ir if I have a ton of time I could turn them all into full page alphabets and duplicate that but it would be crazy time consuming. I have way too much on my hard drive as it is and Im pretty much out of space. If I add much more everything slows down but I like having everything at my fingertips. Im not much of a planner.

So should I keep everything as it is or move it? How do you store yours!?!?

Thanks!
Tracey (who really needs to make a signature)

Last edited by sastampink; 06-14-2014 at 09:21 AM.