Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2024, 08:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Question for those wanting more specific themed kits

This question stems off of Hilary's post wanting Ramen noodles. (my specialty is not in noodles so this would be a task for another designer.... lol)

For kits like that, which are a little more specific, would you be ok if the designer(s) created kits that are slightly smaller than what we usually do (priced lower obviously due to the smaller size)

If so what would be an acceptable amount of papers/elements?
Old 05-06-2024, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think smaller kits for more heavily themed ideas would be fine. I would say paper size, at least 5? With more patterns and then a couple solids. And elements, probably 10? For something very specific, we can always pull more neutral things from other kits- ribbons, stitches, string, leafs. What we really need is the theme specific items or word art to make our pages shine! But that is just my opinion....someone else may think differently!
Old 05-07-2024, 12:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would be okay with that.
I have no idea about the amount of papers and elements. Sorry, I am not helping.

Old 05-07-2024, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love speciale mini kits but i will love it even more if you have like a big base kit with dirffrent colors. With some solids, pattern papers etc some journaling cards and lots and lots of flowers. And then releasse now and then a little add on kit in a special theme
Old 05-16-2024, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I think smaller kits for more heavily themed ideas would be fine. I would say paper size, at least 5? With more patterns and then a couple solids. And elements, probably 10? For something very specific, we can always pull more neutral things from other kits- ribbons, stitches, string, leafs. What we really need is the theme specific items or word art to make our pages shine! But that is just my opinion....someone else may think differently!
I agree, for super themed kits I'd focus on the really themed parts of a kit eg: themed patterned paper, themed elements and themed word art/strips and maybe journalling cards. For the basics I have more than enough even if I have to mix and match designers or do some subtle recolouring.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-16-2024, 07:56 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I agree with this 100%.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
I would love speciale mini kits but i will love it even more if you have like a big base kit with dirffrent colors. With some solids, pattern papers etc some journaling cards and lots and lots of flowers. And then releasse now and then a little add on kit in a special theme
This. 100%. Love this idea!
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
this

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post

Love this idea... so maybe a base kit with neutral-ish colors and then add-ons in a variety of themes?