Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 12:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default it's been 13 days

since TTPD was released (see what I did there with the 13 days?) I think i'm down bad (again..haha) in the swiftie hole...

What's your favourite song. If you don't like taylor that's ok too just don't hate on the people that like her It's interesting seeing the mix of opinions on what people think of the album.

I do not have a favourite, I've been streaming the entire album nonstop since it was released and i just really love it. I'm so excited for the eras tour to start back up again so I can watch the streams and see what's added to the setlist.

ok.. back to work i go.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

You already know I am totally loving the new album! I wouldn't say I have a favorite song either, but there are some standouts for sure...

LOVE Fortnight, My Boy, Guilty As Sin gives me major Fleetwood Mac vibes, Who's Afraid of Little Old Me... that angsty scream of the lyric is amazing, Clara Bow, The Albatross, So High School (totally makes me think of an indie band I used to love but I can't put my finger on it), The Bolter... it's all so good!

The ONLY skip on the album for me Robin. Sadly, I get a song for my namesake and I don't even like the song which I suppose is fair since I don't really like my name either lol Oh well...
Old 05-02-2024, 02:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Who's Afraid of Little Old Me... that angsty scream of the lyric is amazing
i wouldn't be able to see the concert in person, even if the tickets were attainable (because.. too many people) but thinking about an entire stadium screaming that gives me goosebumps! i hope this one will be on her list
Old 05-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
i wouldn't be able to see the concert in person, even if the tickets were attainable (because.. too many people) but thinking about an entire stadium screaming that gives me goosebumps! i hope this one will be on her list
It's kinda warped but I hope she does ICDIWABH and takes a little silent breath after "as the crowd was chanting... MORE!" if the arena shouted more right in that moment... it would kinda be insane! My Taymaniac is trying desperately to come up with a masterplan to be at one of the upcoming shows no matter the cost because she must see it live!
Old 05-03-2024, 11:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My DIL is a big Swifty and as a result so is my grandson. Wren loves the new album. When he is fussing and they put it on, he calms right down and is all smiles.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

that's so cute lorie!! i was just telling lucas this week that I used to sing the song "kookaburra" over and over and over again to calm him as a baby.. ,maybe I should have tried taylor way back when
Old 05-03-2024, 07:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love it! I stayed up on release night and was on Reddit when the second album dropped... we all collectively screamed (everyone was typing at the same time) LOL. I've been listening non-stop to it since.

Right now my top 5 are: Peter, How Did It End, Chloe & Co., The Bolter, My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys. I much prefer the Anthology side of the album, but the TTPD side is gaining on me too.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=GraceLee;1063171610]My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys. /QUOTE]

this is actually the one song I skip most often.. I don't know why I don't like it all that much (it's not the lyrics I don't like but just the song/music itself.

DId you see the latest post on taylor nation? it must be some sort of easter egg with what she is doing with the rose but I have no idea..
lol
Old 05-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
this is actually the one song I skip most often.. I don't know why I don't like it all that much (it's not the lyrics I don't like but just the song/music itself.

DId you see the latest post on taylor nation? it must be some sort of easter egg with what she is doing with the rose but I have no idea..
lol
So interesting, because on my first listen it's the first song that really caught my attention. I love the first line where you can practically hear the eyeroll! "Oh, here we go again..."

LOL I can analyze lyrics all day long but I can't keep up with the Easter eggs!

Old 05-03-2024, 07:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a Swiftie per say, but enjoy her music.
We stopped by our son and DIL's house on Super Bowl Sunday and the girls (ages 6 and 10) had ALL sort of posters made that read: GO TAYLOR SWIFT and TAYLOR's BF!
Old 05-03-2024, 08:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Um, never thought to even listen to it. LOL. LOL.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We've had it on repeat too! I don't have a fave yet- but I do really like "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me" because I just love how she's not afraid to piss people off. lol Also every time I hear "My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys" I always think of our frenchie who is a master toy destroyer... lmao! (sidebar- he also peeks in our neighbors basement window! teehee!)

Last edited by AmieN1; 05-04-2024 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
Um, never thought to even listen to it. LOL. LOL.
This is me. lol

Old 05-04-2024, 02:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The first night it came out, I listened to the base album front to back. Gorgeous. Then she released the anthology and I haven't given the whole thing a good enough listen. Maybe that should be my soundtrack to DSD!

But, a song that resonated with me was, "I Can Do It With a Broken Heart". The first time I listened to it, I cried. It hit home so hard. When I got divorced (in 2014), I felt so broken and felt like I had to hide everything I was feeling. So many people didn't even know because I was embarrassed to tell anyone. I felt like such a failure. But yeah, this song... putting on a brave face but you're broken inside. But "...I'm a real tough kid, I can handle my *ship* They said, 'Babe, you gotta fake it 'til you make it' and I did." <3

Getting Scrappy for Meagan's Creations & Kelly Bangs Creative
41. Seattle