Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default redbox double charging

We occasionally rent movies from redbox and this weekend we got two which I reserved online (so its only 2.13...not alot of money really). I noticed they put a hold on our account for the reservation AND rental. I figured one hold would drop off and the other would be paid. That is how it usually happens. Well today I went and looked and the bank paid BOTH!! We called redbox and the lady who my husband talked to said she does not see two charges being paid and in order for them to refund it they would need us to go to the bank, get a copy of our statement and either have it faxed at the bank or fax it from our house!! Yea ok. Not gonna happen. It would cost us more then 2 dollars to drive to the bank and Im not going to fax over the whole page of charges to them to prove we paid them double. My husband called the bank and disputed the charges and the lady he talked to said it happens all the time but most people do not notice because it is such a small charge. Granted it is only 2 bucks but if it happens alot with redbox then they are making a whole lot of money. Figured Id post to let people know to double check your statements if you do use redbox reservations often. I know I will be checking more from now on.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

did you get them out the same day you reserved them? or turn them in late? I notice 2 charges if I turn one in late but I've never had a problem with regular redbox charging me double. I had a DVD not show up as returned but I returned it and called immediately when the your DVD has been returned screen didn't show up. The lady manually checked it in for me right there on the phone and said sometimes they drop in the front and don't show as checked in.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

The timestamps on the charges are only 15 minutes apart so we defenitely got charged twice this time. I see the double charges whenever wee reserve online and one will always drop off and not actually post to the account but this time it didnt.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

ah do you pick them up the day you reserve them online i'm asking b/c if you reserve
Friday they will hold them til Sat 9pm but if you wait and pick them up on Sat they will charge you the fee from Fri-Sat then again from Sat-Sun when you return them (extra day)

if you reserve
Fri online-pick up Fri
return Sat by 9pm it's only 1 fee

that's what I was asking

that or they just mess up lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

yea we reserved them late at night on Saturday and picked them up like 15 minutes later. (the store is like five miles away from the house. It is outside a Circle K gas station). It was like 12:30 at night when I reserved them and about 12:40 or so when my husband picked them up. I got the email saying they were picked up and they were due back on Sunday by 9:00. So we returned them on Sunday around 6 or so. We try to rent either early in the morning or just after midnight if we can so we get a little extra time to watch the movies since Redbox requires they be returned the next day by 9.