Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2024, 02:33 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Canada here we come...

We are super excited to be visiting Canada at the end of the month for a family holiday. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

We will be in Niagra-on-the-Lake for four days, Toronto for four days and then Cambridge/Ayr for five days.
Old 05-04-2024, 03:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oooh, I love Canada!! I have zero tips or tricks, as I last visited 40 years ago, but I would go back in a heartbeat. I remember how very kind and polite everyone was. It's probably the country that is most similar to New Zealand I think - the landscape and the humour is much the same - and made us feel at home.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've only been twice... so no tips - but wishing you a great vacation!!
Old 05-04-2024, 12:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

have so much fun!! I'm canadian... but i don't know if I have any tips for you as I live pretty far from the area you are going and have never been there myself. If you have any questions though feel free to ask!
Old 05-04-2024, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We've frequented Western Canada- but never over there- on my bucket list too! Have so much fun!
Old 05-04-2024, 01:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’m on the opposite side of the country so can’t help you there… but have a fantastic time!!! Jaye is way closer to there, she may have ideas for you

Old 05-04-2024, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You are in my area of the country! I am more south but I have been to all those places multiple times.

Toronto-busy and expensive but lots to do. Public transportation is easy to use and plentiful. I recommend the Royal Ontario Museum, the CN Tower, and a Toronto Blue Jays game (I am a big baseball fan, lol). The Eaton Centre is a nice shopping mall if you want a day in. There are great restaurants and lots to do.

Niagara on the Lake is very pretty and wineries galore! If you get the chance take a trip to Niagara Falls and see the Falls. If you have time, the Butterfly Conservatory and Botanical Gardens are also a must-see. The Falls is a very touristy area, and food is expensive, but it is fun for a day.

Cambridge has the African Lion Safari, but I haven't been there since my son was little. Cambridge is close to Kitchener and Waterloo with lots of things to do. I haven't spent much time there, only when my son went to college in Kitchener.

Weather-when it is warm be prepared for humidity, but the nights can be cool. Canadians say sorry....a lot, even if we haven't done anything. It's almost like our hello
Our money is different colours and $1 and $2 are coins.

Enjoy your trip and I hope you like my neck of the woods!!