Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2022, 12:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
I like a lot of styles but the hardest for me is a white space page. I just can't see the value in teeny tiny elements and photos. I like my photos to be the main focus. I also like symmetry so I use a lot of templates but I often tweak them to my liking. I also struggle with alphas and tend to gravitate more towards finding fonts instead or using the word art or titles that come with the kit. I hate journaling and I'm lucky to squeeze one or two sentences on a page. I print a lot of the pages I make for my dil's album and tell her she should journal on the back of the page if she has a story to tell.
I love messy, artsy pages but I'm not very good at them. I just can't seem to be creative enough to make them look good. I'm going to take the advice of others and scraplift a few to see if I can get the hang of it.
You sound so much like me. I journal on the back of my pages when I get them back from the printer. I'm not good at journaling either, because I fill my pages and then don't know where to put it.

ITA about white space - I feel the same way. Alphas drive me crazy unless they're really small. I have some "itty bitty" ones that are easier to use. I can never get them lined up right. When I do use them, it takes me longer to get them on the page than anything else. I've been using them for the date, if they're for a CT and I need to use them.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:57 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
Alphas drive me crazy unless they're really small. I have some "itty bitty" ones that are easier to use. I can never get them lined up right. When I do use them, it takes me longer to get them on the page than anything else. I've been using them for the date, if they're for a CT and I need to use them.
Now that I have learned a few tricks with Paint Shop Pro, I actually don't mind using alphas. The one trick I did know was how to align them so they did line up although it was tricky if there were letters like g, p or y in the words since I would always use "bottom align". I could never get them sized right but now I know how to do it. I'm finding myself using alphas even more these days.