Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default Party Planner/Cake girls

so I want to do something fun for Sam's 18th bday coming up on April 16th. I have no idea what I could do fun with a limited budget.....I would LOVE to make her cake, so all you fondant girls give me some tips {cause I think I can do it}...I would like to make her a 1-2 level round cake....and I would love to have some fun matching decorations I was thinking about doing something mid-afternoon because the Senior are having a "lock in" overnight at school ont he 15th. So I figured her being gone all day and night on the 15th is PERFECT for me to get things set up but help me out....
1. looking for fun creative ideas on limited budget
2. looking for snack/food ideas for teenagers
3. looking for fun fondant cake ideas
4. looking for fun little treat bags....

I found these, so I am sure one way or another I am going to figure out how to incoroporate them
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

After seeing the pics of her with her friends that you post I bet they would love a photo booth/prop thing...http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/12/d...h-expert-tips/

You could gather funny things from around the house and take pics of them in silly scenarios. Maybe make it a Strike-a-Pose red carpet type party with camera and film themey things...the popcorn would fit right in with that.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you live somewhere you could have the party outside? What about movies on the lawn? Put up a sheet and project (you'd have to find someone with a projector you could borrow) a movie on the sheet. Serve the popcorn bags, and have a candy bar (get marked down candy after Easter). Instead of cake make cupcakes and they can just be basic, but you can make little pics to stick in using a kit that fits your theme. Love the photo booth idea too - the kids would like that for sure! Maybe serve pizza??

Throw some blankets in the yard put out some Christmas lights and you've got a party!

Yeah...I missed the afternoon part...but you could do this inside without the sheet and just go with a movie theme.

What about some Minute To Win IT type games or are games to lame at age 18? I dunno.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

we might be able to do it outside but the weather is still iffy here in April....I totally forgot about doing the photo booth thing, that is for sure a go! and I LOVE the Minute to Win It ideas Juli!!! I just wish I could thing of a fun theme and then go from there....and ideas on an actual theme? She likes vintage stuff, but I can't really think of anythign for that.....

if I went with the movie theme, what do you think about buying all the ingredients and letting them build their own mini pizzas

Last edited by nun69; 04-04-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Teenagers and pizza is always a hit! Love the other ideas too! You will rock a photo booth!

I lucked out and my son turned 18 within days of graduating so I just combined the two.