Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Eek! Hubby wants to get me a Mac!!!

I'm excited, but a bit hesitant, too. I've wanted a Mac for a loooong time, but couldn't justify the added expense. Well, my wonderful husband told me yesterday that he wants to get me a fully loaded Mac - which at this point means the Macbook Pro with the new retina screen and solid-state drive. It's so much more portable than the laptop I'm using now. I'm afraid of two things... 1- that I won't like the smaller screen (my laptop has a 17" screen, and 2- that I won't like the Mac enough to have spent so much $$ on one. I'd kinda rather get an iMac with the big 27" screen, but I do like to move my computer around the house. My favorite place to work on it is at the dining room table and I'm sure not going to give an iMac a permanent place there!

Switching to a Mac also means that I'd have to get CS6, which would be cool, but also LR4, which I wasn't planning to upgrade to.

My hubby is so good to me
Old 08-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got an imac 27"...........I am totally in love with it. It is light so it is portable. There is only one cord to plug into an electric outlet. I know Traci Reed has an imac and she moves it all over her house while she is getting other things done.

I did have a macbook pro for the last 2 years. I loved it too. My hubby currently has it. I moved down in screen size when I got it 17" to 15.5" and it didn't bother me.

Just depends on if you want smaller or bigger. I am personally happy with my larger screen now. I can't imagine anything else. I keep mine on my desk though.

I hope that helps a little. Congrats on an awesome hubby and your future mac purchase!

Last edited by taracotta7; 08-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

awww... that is awesome, congrats!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I think the all-in-one type computer couldn't be easier to move...like Tara said there is only 1 cord that plugs into it...I love not having to worry about a tower and a bunch of wires. I have the iMac 21.5" and am in LOVE!! I was nervous about switching to a Mac but now I'll be Mac for life My hubby has the 13" MacBook Pro and he loves it...it's a bit small for me though - especially compared to my 21.5" screen.

Have FUN with your new toy!! So exciting!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I have a 15" MacBook Pro and I love it!! I've never scrapped on anything larger, though, so you might feel the difference a bit if you change screen size. I have thought about getting an iMac, but I don't think I would like losing the amazing portability of my MBP - especially the ability to take it to crops or on vacation, etc. That would be harder to do with an iMac, though not impossible.

I don't think you will regret switching at all! And, there is a growing community of Mac users here that are alway really helpful with questions.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Once you go Mac, you never go back!

DO IT!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-nana-scraps View Post
Before getting my MBP I had a 20" monitor. My Macbook Pro is the 15" and just recently my hubby bought a 23-24" monitor for my laptop. Of course when I bring it into the living room the larger monitor stays in the other room. I love my Mac and wish I'd gotten it a few years ago when my hubby first suggested it.

Good luck with it, you 'll love it.
That's what I was thinking. Get the Mac Book Pro and then consider getting a larger monitor later on. That way you would have the convenience of a laptop with the advantages of the larger monitor when you need it.