Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I've Made a Huge Mistake

We're trying to get our budget under control, and my husband has stopped eating out for lunch/going out for coffee in the morning. It's a big sacrifice for him, so I decided not to buy anything off the internet for my part. I really thought it wasn't lot of money I was spending: a little scrap stuff here, a book there, but since I started this year, we've been staying within our budget.

And I'm happy about it, but then the Sweet Shoppe turned 10...

So I asked him {which is so freakin' humbling} if I could spend $20 last week so I could get the MegaCollab, and he said yes, of course, but now I've set the standard that I am going to ask his permission to buy anything online, and it hurts so bad! I got all my layouts ready before V-Day so I could take advantage of the half off sale at Shutterfly plus 20% off coupon, so my lay flat 64 page album was only $75, and he was like, "WHAT?! You can't spend that much money to print a scrapbook!" He has no idea.

But now maybe I get why we're always breaking our budget.