Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2015, 12:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default The Best News Ever AKA Operation: Rodeo Is Just Beginning!

Hey y'all! You might have already seen on Facebook, but I have exciting news!

Long story short: both my husband and I were laid off within a few months of each other abt 2 years ago. We have struggled since to find permanent full-time jobs with benefits, and DH has been working a bunch of temp/seasonal/PT jobs to try to make things work(ish).

Yesterday he accepted an offer for a job out in northern Colorado! He starts work June 1st, and the kiddos and I will join him in July or August. We'll be living in Cheyenne, WY which is just north/over the border from where his new job is located (and much more reasonably priced than the closest metro area in CO). This opportunity came out of nowhere just two weeks ago, and now we are going to be relocating halfway across the country!

We live in Indianapolis and have lived in Indiana all our lives, so this foray into the West and 1100 miles from home is turning out to be quite the adventure. We are excited for a fresh start, but also anxious and overwhelmed with everything that has to happen in a very short amount of time.

We have never even visited this area of the country before, so if you are out thatta way, hook me up with cool stuff to do and see. Luckily, one of my besties lives in Cheyenne (the person who got the ball rolling with the job to begin with), and my cousin is in Denver (which is only 90 minutes south), but I'll take all the scrappy-turned-IRL friends I can get! I know there are tons of y'all in Utah.

I think Robin should take this as a sign that God wants me to be a Babe since He's moving me so much closer to Las Vegas and the annual SSD meetup. Amirite?!

Of course, I'm already excited about all the cool pictures I'll have to scrap by the end of the summer: our actual move/road trip, the new digs, our new city, getting out and exploring WY and CO... KCB has promised to meet me in a field in Montana, so I'm stoked abt that!

Thanks for sharing in my good news!