Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Really?! (Nosebleeds in Pregnancy, and some other junk)

Okay, so tonight was not my night. I had been feeling nauseous the past few days with pregnancy but was really happy to be puke-free. Then tonight, it ALL came up. I swear, I almost started searching for the baby because I was sure nothing was left in there (sorry, gross).

Anyway, I stand up to go back to bed, and I get a nosebleed. First off, I had never gotten nosebleeds until pregnancy, with the exception of nosebleeds while I had chicken pox, but I had chicken pox in my nasal cavities, too, so that made sense. Upon googling about stopping nosebleeds, I found out apparently they are now a common pregnancy symptom because of the increased blood flow? Seriously? Nosebleeds?

So I am stopping the nosebleed... and slam my toe against a door frame.

Anyway, it's all good now, but what's with everything happening in a span of like... a minute and a half?

My main thing was.... any of you other preggies get nosebleeds? Cause I was a bit shocked by that one...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Yep! Totally remember the nose bleeds being a bigger problem than the puking. Everone expects you to have a week stomach when you are pregnant and its kind of expected. But it was always shocking in a meeting when my nose would just start dripping blood. I swear, they always happened at work. Never anywhere else!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Not yet! I didn't with my first, but still plenty of time for it to happen this preg. Sorry your having a rough time. I'm still throwing up occasionally at 17 weeks so I can relate!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good to know I'm not the only still pukey one. At my WIC appointment my dietitian said "13 weeks?! Good, you're past the nausea." I was like.... uh no. Definitely not.

Yeah, the nosebleed thing surprised me. I mean, like I said, I was probably 10 when I had my last one. I've never really dealt with nosebleeds... at least both have been at home so far...

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I didn't throw up at all with my first, so this preg has been a bit of a nasty shock to the system! Just happy I don't have never ending nausea anymore. Now I just feel sick, puke and I'm good to go again in a few minutes! Lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeah, nosebleeds are pretty common actually. that's one thing you can safely google because what you find should make you feel better rather than freak you out more

as far as the puking goes, i'm so not helpful with that one. i had all-day sickness until the day i delivered (40wks 1day). like, round the clock, couldn't even keep water down, barely functional kind of sickness. and yes, it sucked even more than it sounds lol
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Omg, Linz. I feel for you! I truly can't think of anything worse. I was only like that a few weeks and I was beyond miserable!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep nosebleeds are normal especially during the winter when your already mucousy nasal passages dry out.

But since you got it right after you were puking my guess is it was a reaction to that.

HUGS and I hope you start to feel better soon.

I'm 26 weeks and have had some bloody nose issues too.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
Good to know I'm not the only still pukey one. At my WIC appointment my dietitian said "13 weeks?! Good, you're past the nausea." I was like.... uh no. Definitely not.

That may be the norm, but it's not always the case. I was nauseated the entire 39 weeks of my pregancy...24/7.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never got nosebleeds but I had such horrible nasal congestion that BOTH sides of my nostrils were swollen shut and I literally could not breathe through my nose. I was miserable for about a month and a half with that during my 2nd pregnancy.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
yeah, nosebleeds are pretty common actually. that's one thing you can safely google because what you find should make you feel better rather than freak you out more

as far as the puking goes, i'm so not helpful with that one. i had all-day sickness until the day i delivered (40wks 1day). like, round the clock, couldn't even keep water down, barely functional kind of sickness. and yes, it sucked even more than it sounds lol
^^ what she said. I could've written her post word for word. That was my experience exactly... nosebleeds and all.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am 19 weeks and still get sick daily even though I am on Zofran. I haven't had any full nosebleeds, but there is usually blood when I blow my nose.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG! I got the most HORRIBLE nosebleeds with my first pregnancy...almost 19 years ago...sigh.....

I am talking...Niagra Falls coming out of my nose. I would swear I had lost all my blood in my entire body b/c my nose would bleed for at least 30 minutes straight..probably closer to an hour. I would have to wake up at least an hour early for about 4 months (I was in college at the time) just to accomodate the never ending nosebleeds. It was horrible. There were also lots of clots....GROSS FOR SURE...Sorry TMI!!!! It was rough having nosebleeds like that!!!

I only threw up with my second pregnancy...threw up morning, noon and night for about 15 weeks. It was horrible. The only thing I could eat were waffles b/c they didn't taste that bad coming up! LOL I tried SeaBands, ginger....I tried it all. I missed days of work b/c I couldn't even make it out the door b/c I was throwing up so bad....but I still managed to gain 80 lbs! LOL

Last edited by kim21673; 01-25-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yuck! I've been in bed all morning with nausea, which is a first for me. I'm starting to think that maybe dairy isn't agreeing with me, which makes me want to cry. I do get small nosebleeds, but hearing others' stories makes me so grateful for my uneventful pregnancies! I would never do it again if I had it that bad.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get nosebleeds, but was amazingly dizzy my entire first trimester thanks to the extra blood. I would come so close to passing out I had to lay down at work a lot. Then my second trimester I would puke all the time, broken blood vessels in the eye puking. I hope your symptoms ease up!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep...never get nosebleeds normally. But I did when I was pregnant! I'd forgotten all about that!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Never got nosebleeds thank goodness.

I had the worst nausea til I was about 14 wks pregnant...then it tapered off a bit, coming randomly and now in the last 2 wks it's returned.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm worried because I've not gained any weight in my first trimester... my WIC dietitian said I should have gained a couple of pounds by now... I am worried that me throwing up so much is causing me to not gain weight at all... I just hope that the baby is getting SOME nutrients!

Yeah, the nosebleeds are crazy. The first one scared me to death, and the second one made me cry, just because of the puking and then the nosebleed and then the toe, and I was just so frustrated. I seriously burst into tears. It's hard to cry when you have a kleenex on your nose for the blood! I seriously got a cup so I could bleed and cry at the same time... lol.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The WIC ladies are crazy. I won't go and apply because I can't deal with all their "charts and graphs" My daughter was underweight according to the pediatrician and they said she was overweight. whatever!
I wouldn't worry about not gaining weight. Believe me the baby gets what it needs. I have lost 17lbs in 19 weeks. They would have a field day with me. What has your doctor/midwife said? Do you have "extra" weight already?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1279 View Post
What has your doctor/midwife said? Do you have "extra" weight already?

I applied for healthwave (state insurance) but not approved yet... the health department can't get me in until end of February (I'll be like... 17 weeks!), and even then, I will NOT be seeing a doctor during my first appointment, JUST filling out paperwork (ummm hellooooo, why can I not do this in advance?!)

I'm frustrated because I feel like low-income people are as much if not more in need of early prenatal care (due to lack of good eating habits, etc... I know most of my low income friends can't afford fresh vegetables and fruits, etc), and they seem to have to wait the longest. I should have seen a doctor at 8 weeks, and I can't even see a doctor until at least 20 weeks.

I'm so frustrated right now. None of our women's clinics in the area offer prenatal appointments, and our walk-in clinic can't do anything with prenatal care, either. I can't afford to go someplace without insurance. My dad's insurance (which I'm covered under) won't cover dependent daughters for prenatal, so I can't even get care through his. It's frustrating.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not like that but if I blow my nose there is always blood there.

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I feel for u Hun. U need to come live here in Sydney til u have bub. I think our free healthcare is fantastic. We get seen every 4 weeks during 1st and 2nd tri, then every two weeks and then every week for the last few weeks. Our bloodtests and ultrasounds are free too, as is our hospital stay. It's probably not as nice as having your own ob and a private hospital room, but all the midwives I've seen have been lovely and supportive. I'm very happy with the it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I applied for healthwave (state insurance) but not approved yet... the health department can't get me in until end of February (I'll be like... 17 weeks!), and even then, I will NOT be seeing a doctor during my first appointment, JUST filling out paperwork (ummm hellooooo, why can I not do this in advance?!)

I'm frustrated because I feel like low-income people are as much if not more in need of early prenatal care (due to lack of good eating habits, etc... I know most of my low income friends can't afford fresh vegetables and fruits, etc), and they seem to have to wait the longest. I should have seen a doctor at 8 weeks, and I can't even see a doctor until at least 20 weeks.

I'm so frustrated right now. None of our women's clinics in the area offer prenatal appointments, and our walk-in clinic can't do anything with prenatal care, either. I can't afford to go someplace without insurance. My dad's insurance (which I'm covered under) won't cover dependent daughters for prenatal, so I can't even get care through his. It's frustrating.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You're making me so jealous of the healthcare there! It sounds really great...

New Siggy Coming Soon