Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2024, 12:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Foliage experts?

For a long time now i've been wanting to do a series of kits inspired by national parks/landscapes and different areas of the worlds (biomes- i just really really hate that word). I want to cover all national parks areas just in a broader scope

what has stopped me is my worrying about making sure that if i were to do a kit like this I added the correct flowers/foliage that certain areas have. I don't want to put pine elements in an area that those don't grow in but I'm not exactly smart when it comes to knowing this sort of things and this is what has been holding me back from doing these kits.

I know there are some apps I could use to identify certain things but does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could do to make sure i'm doing things right? Am I overthinking the process entirely?
Old 05-21-2024, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think you can go to NPS.gov and search the parks to get the trees/plants in each park...now there are 63 of them so it is a lot of research.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think that some general foliage is in most parks (except ice/desert, no foliage areas) and A LOT in North America probably do have some sort of pine trees. Even in Hawaii there are pines that were brought to the islands & planted.

I think google search of "trees" & "park name" would be enough results for research. I'd be more than willing to help you- mostly for ulterior motives- I NEED this series!
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, I have been waiting for these kits, too. Maybe "pay" someone in free kits to do the research for you?
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Oh gosh, I have been waiting for these kits, too. Maybe "pay" someone in free kits to do the research for you?
That is a good idea too. I know I've been commenting about it for a long time now, i'm sorry

There are lots of discussions about how many biomes there actually are (some say 7 - some say 11) I think i'm going to go with this one which is 9 and I believe they'd be then useful for all the national parks everywhere (not just usa hehe)

They will definitely be nature/landscape focussed though so if people want kits for historical monuments/museums that will have to be someone else LOL I can't do those sorts of kits
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love those 9 examples. I am going to wait on my Joshua Tree NP photos for you btw. It was too special to skimp on the scrapping.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Haha, my favorite is when I find poison ivy foliage in a kit. It's pretty, but I almost can't bring myself to use it!

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Haha, my favorite is when I find poison ivy foliage in a kit. It's pretty, but I almost can't bring myself to use it!
omg see!!! this is the thing.. I probably have it in all my kits and have no idea I love nature but I am NOT good at knowing things. lol