Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Anything Fun This Week?!

We spent the weekend sick as dogs but now we are (mostly) back to the land of the living and looking forward to Easter & Spring Break!

Anything fun happening for you & yours this week?

Miss Monkey has her 3rd grading period awards this afternoon as well as Lego Club. She's got Cooking Club tomorrow, and then she has Friday off school so we're going to have some friends over for pizza & a movie.

I'm going to try to talk my mom into dyeing eggs with the kids during Family Dinner Thursday (so I don't have to deal with the mess at my house -- ha!) & we're doing an egg hunt in their neighborhood Saturday morning. Mister Moose is finally old enough that he will like hunting for eggs even if he has no clue who the Easter Bunny is or what he does.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like one busy, fun week, LA!

On the agenda at our house this week:

- Easter egg dyeing
- Easter mani/pedis for DD and me
- Attend a friend's birthday party Thursday night
- Attend the annual Steeplechase event (It's a horse race/tailgate party thing. Big deal in the town where I live!)
- Possibly attend an adult egg hunt after Steeplechase if the bf is sober enough
- Easter breakfast and church with my family on Sunday, followed by Easter lunch/my birthday celebration at my mom's house

And at some point, I need to go shopping for DD's Easter basket. Yes, she's almost 15 and still gets an Easter basket. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just a quiet week for us, although today Cheyanne has a snow day since we're getting our requisite spring snow storm today Of course I work all week, so nothing fun there. She doesn't get any extra days off this week for Easter and spring break is in April.

Cheyanne is in between sports right now (basketball is over, track hasn't started yet), so things are super quiet, which is nice. Tomorrow I get to ride with Cheyanne and her driver's ed instructor during her last hour of instructed driving. She passed her written permit test and after this hour of driving she'll be doing most of the driving to get her required 80 hours in to get her license in 6 months.

Cheyanne doesn't dye eggs anymore so Easter is really just another day (we don't celebrate it as a religious holiday). We will however be having Sunday dinner at my parents' (like we do the last Sunday of every month).
Old 03-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I'm on the brink of wallowing into some icky depression so I'm just trying to keep my head above water and do all the mommy/housewife stuff I can't let slide. ICKY. I need to be prepping to go out of town all next week. Visiting my sister in Colorado. Much needed visit!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying so hard to get into a routine and back in the groove but it's hard! Oliver's struggling to gain weight so I feel like that's where all my focus is. I absolutely LOVE Easter though so I'm excited for this week. We have DH's company egg hunt, piano lessons, dr appts, family dinners & egg hunts, & a baptism. I'm sure there's more too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What part of CO, Val? Sorry for the ickies.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our agenda for the week is a mix of not so fun and pretty fun

- Monday is 2 doctor appointments for 2 kids
- Tueday - allergy shots for 1 kid, I'll be volunteering at school, soccer practice for 1 kid
- Wednesday - chess club for one kid, soccer practice for another, and dance for the other, a fundraising meeting for me for school stuff
Thursday - soccer practice & me at school all day volunteering

And all week the oldest has to be at school 1 1/2 hours early to work on a project for his gifted class and get ready for their presentation to the superintendent. But we got to cancel one doctor appointment this week since the girl finished up her neuropsyc testing today and won't need the appointment for Thursday! Then I need to figure out about basket stuffers (we do a family Easter basket), get stuff to dye eggs this weekend, grocery shop with the new allergy restrictions for me (finding new dressings and such so lots of label reading for the trip) and find some summer button down pajamas for the girl for her upcoming ambulatory 24 hour EEG that's in a few weeks.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Nope. I'm on the brink of wallowing into some icky depression so I'm just trying to keep my head above water and do all the mommy/housewife stuff I can't let slide. ICKY. I need to be prepping to go out of town all next week. Visiting my sister in Colorado. Much needed visit!
Hugs - that is not a fun place to be in at all, I hope you are able to keep your head above water and feel better soon. Enjoy your trip
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yeay i gonne have the best weekend ever !!

My bestfriends for 11 years is coming from friday till morning and whe go to a 3 days music festival it is a really big festival in my home town with lots of good music and food .

Val i hope the viset to your sister give you the recharch you need
Old 03-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs Val. Hope you have a good visit next week to perk you up.

I'm dog sitting this week so it's a bit of change in our regular routine. Taz usually sleeps most of the morning but Beckam (Australian Shepherd) wanted to eat and go for a walk this morning (his usual routine at home) so we all went out for a walk before I sat down at my computer to work.

We'll enjoy having him this week but it'll also be nice to get back to normal on Thursday night and then I can plan our wkend. Family will be coming over for Easter dinner on Sunday so want to do some chores, plan a menu and get the shopping done, then do some prep work on Saturday. I haven't made homemade bread in ages so am going to try either a whole grain or gluten free recipe. If you have any good recipes, let me know. I have a bread maker so can either use that or bake in the oven. I'll have to check pinterest for recipes.

So not an exciting week but a full week of work, dogs and CT work ahead of me.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm working Tuesday-Wednesday. I have Thursday off so I can go to my son's Easter Hat Parade at school. Not sure what's happening over Easter yet - the husband wants to go visit his folks (5 hours drive away), I'd rather stay home....
Old 03-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
What part of CO, Val? Sorry for the ickies.
Co. Springs
Old 03-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The kids just got finished with their March break so they are back in school (well they should have been back today, but we are in the middle of a freak snowstorm and school was cancelled ). The boys have a lot of projects and stuff, 1 science fair project, 2 heritage fair projects, plus the 4H Demonstration is this Saturday.... I'm just trying to keep them on track and hope they don't forget anything. On top of that we have to fit in Egg dying and Easter, and egg hunts, and dinner...... oh, and Thursday is Middle sons birthday.......... I just hope this snow melts before the week-end.... cause I really wanted to try and get some nice Easter photos of the boys and a white outdoor background is not what I had in mind.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing exciting here as ive got a stomach bug - ate something dodgy last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am nursing a sick kid and hubby *again*.... Ugh... can this sickness season be over already?!
Hugs, Val! Thinking of you!