Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Long Term Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2024, 09:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default PL check in here Summer 2024

You guys...I haven't worked on PL in weeks (maybe months).
I am really behind needing to work on the following years:

2022 (completed up to week 41)

Anyone working on their PL projects?
Old 07-30-2024, 01:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm all up to date until week 28, so I'm not that much behind happily, Only haven't shared all my layouts the last few weeks
Old 07-30-2024, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
I'm all up to date until week 28, so I'm not that much behind happily, Only haven't shared all my layouts the last few weeks
nice! I can't wait to see your pages
Old 08-01-2024, 08:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I added journaling to 25 weeks in my 2024 PL album
Next step will be to add the photos.
Old 08-02-2024, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The last year I did PL was 2021 & I did monthly "catch up" pages with all 3x4 pockets. I might have the November spread to do? I did my best to try to do it this year but I gave up shortly after the new year started.

Maybe next year will be my year to do PL again?! My ultimate goal is to do PL pages for all the little stories & to make bigger pages for the other stories and not to have any overlap but I haven't succeeded in that yet.
Old 08-07-2024, 07:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes and no. I have kept up with my journaling for each week, but I am BORED with my pages and my life and I feel like my pages are just the same things over and over. I figure as long as I keep taking photos and writing stuff down, I can be as slow as I want in making the actual pages. I am not far behind, maybe six weeks or so, but it feels like a lot. And then I had to go and decide to make weekly garden layouts because I want them for future reference, but it feels like more of the same. I'm kind of in a rut in general with my scrapping, though, and I need some fresh inspiration and motivation.

Old 08-08-2024, 08:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

Maybe next year will be my year to do PL again?! My ultimate goal is to do PL pages for all the little stories & to make bigger pages for the other stories and not to have any overlap but I haven't succeeded in that yet.
I find I overlap a lot but try to stick all the not so great snapshots in my PL album.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Yes and no. I have kept up with my journaling for each week, but I am BORED with my pages and my life and I feel like my pages are just the same things over and over. I figure as long as I keep taking photos and writing stuff down, I can be as slow as I want in making the actual pages. I am not far behind, maybe six weeks or so, but it feels like a lot. And then I had to go and decide to make weekly garden layouts because I want them for future reference, but it feels like more of the same. I'm kind of in a rut in general with my scrapping, though, and I need some fresh inspiration and motivation.
6 weeks behind is not too bad at all!
My format hasn't changed in years either and maybe that is why I am not inspired. I still want to do PL and don't plan to change the format. so...LOL!

Anything you are doing to gather inspiration?
Old 08-11-2024, 03:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was so committed to getting caught up this summer, but all I made was ONE SPREAD! Someone asked me this weekend if I was still making scrapbooks, and I had to honestly answer "No." : (

My son said, "That's not so bad, Mom. You've just moved on to different things." But what about our memories?? I've been making albums since I was 13; am I even myself anymore if I don't record our memories?
Old 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I made a PL since 10 years now and after trying sereval styles I've discovered the app Project Life and it really changed my life for the PL.
Since 2021, I use the app ; each day I write my journaling in a little notebook and I'm going to scrap week 33 for this year.
As I write to many personal details these PL were never shared in galleries.
I make a Daily December too ;-) (since 2016)
Old 08-26-2024, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So how are you ladies keeping things fresh ???

Old 08-26-2024, 08:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I was so committed to getting caught up this summer, but all I made was ONE SPREAD! Someone asked me this weekend if I was still making scrapbooks, and I had to honestly answer "No." : (

My son said, "That's not so bad, Mom. You've just moved on to different things." But what about our memories?? I've been making albums since I was 13; am I even myself anymore if I don't record our memories?
I felt this so much. Sometimes as women we believe we aren't allowed to grow and change .... perhaps you just need a break? Maybe you'll come back to recording the memories? Maybe you will document them in a different way?

Old 08-26-2024, 09:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga_L View Post
I made a PL since 10 years now and after trying sereval styles I've discovered the app Project Life and it really changed my life for the PL.
Since 2021, I use the app ; each day I write my journaling in a little notebook and I'm going to scrap week 33 for this year.
As I write to many personal details these PL were never shared in galleries.
I make a Daily December too ;-) (since 2016)
Happy to hear the PL app is working for you! I also make a Daily December album each year and am getting excited from all the sneaks on Ali's pages.
Old 08-26-2024, 09:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
So how are you ladies keeping things fresh ???
I have been putting a different scrapbook out on our island each week or so for the family to flip through. What stands out to me while looking through them is how much I enjoy the simple pages (large photos, words and minimal embellishments.) With that said, I LOVE embellishments and lately I seem to try to use all of them on a LO. So I am thinking of keeping my PL pages pretty simple and my other/CT Layouts embellishment heavy.

Regardless, I love looking back and reading little snippets and am so grateful for doing this project so I will continue despite being so far behind
Old 08-26-2024, 10:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I have been putting a different scrapbook out on our island each week or so for the family to flip through. What stands out to me while looking through them is how much I enjoy the simple pages (large photos, words and minimal embellishments.) With that said, I LOVE embellishments and lately I seem to try to use all of them on a LO. So I am thinking of keeping my PL pages pretty simple and my other/CT Layouts embellishment heavy.

Regardless, I love looking back and reading little snippets and am so grateful for doing this project so I will continue despite being so far behind
Oh wow, that's a great little idea. I keep my scrapbooks pretty accessible, but I might start putting mine out more in the forefront.

Old 08-27-2024, 08:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ladies, this thread makes me smile. I am so behind. I'm in the middle each of 2023 and 2024, I use lots of different papers, but minimal elements... I really love embellished journal cards to use quickly, but I don't have a whole lot. We have all of our scrapbooks out on a shallow bookshelf and I put a picture of the kids large on the front, so they look like picture frames, the kids look at them pretty regularly. It was fun to see my daughter come home from college and look through them. I need to finish up both, because I would really love to just have one to work on in 2025! Do any of you ever set up a plan to get them done? This has been inspiring to get me moving. I never really post the pages on SSD because I feel like they aren't embellished enough like Ally's are, but maybe I'll try and make that a focus in 2025 so I post them and then maybe I'll stay on track!
Old 08-28-2024, 03:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connection Keeping View Post
Ladies, this thread makes me smile. I am so behind. I'm in the middle each of 2023 and 2024, I use lots of different papers, but minimal elements... I really love embellished journal cards to use quickly, but I don't have a whole lot. We have all of our scrapbooks out on a shallow bookshelf and I put a picture of the kids large on the front, so they look like picture frames, the kids look at them pretty regularly. It was fun to see my daughter come home from college and look through them. I need to finish up both, because I would really love to just have one to work on in 2025! Do any of you ever set up a plan to get them done? This has been inspiring to get me moving. I never really post the pages on SSD because I feel like they aren't embellished enough like Ally's are, but maybe I'll try and make that a focus in 2025 so I post them and then maybe I'll stay on track!
mine aren't heavy balanced too. But of course you can show them off that will inspire people that they can be minimalistic as well. I mean there are different styles of project life/pocket scrapping and none of them are wrong or not good enough to show off.
Old 08-28-2024, 03:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

At the moment I'm 5-6 weeks behind. We had a busy and fun summer, so I'm planning to scrap those once summer break is over and to keep on track after than.
Old 08-29-2024, 10:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Wendy, I loved seeing all of your vacation pictures, I hope it's fun to relive them by scrapping with them. Thank you for your words, I need to just let them be and get them done!
Old 08-29-2024, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Anyone plan to work on PL this holiday weekend?
I hope to in between a soccer tournament and my mom's Bday.
Old 08-29-2024, 07:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread!

Kelly, you should definitely post your pages here! Honestly, sometimes I embellish that much just because I'm using a new release and need to show it off for the shoppe! I kind of miss making simpler PL pages, but I have learned that I like SOME embellishment on my pages. I am naturally not a minimalist, in anything!

How do I keep it fresh? I don't feel like I do, lol. I have been trying to focus more on writing the story, but even that gets a little repetitive after a while. I need to work on getting photos and journaling into templates--maybe I'll do that this weekend! I also need to do some big garden projects though, so we'll see how that goes. I have just begun to feel like some of my scrap mojo is returning, so I'm hopeful that will translate into catching up on PL.

Old 08-30-2024, 07:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies for all the honesty in this thread. I think it's really inspiring.

Old 08-31-2024, 07:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a month behind getting photos into templates... and about three months behind in actually finishing said pages. I've kind of stopped because I have to get Jake's school year book... which I had 12 years to do!!!!!... started and completed by May.
Old 08-31-2024, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm a month behind getting photos into templates... and about three months behind in actually finishing said pages. I've kind of stopped because I have to get Jake's school year book... which I had 12 years to do!!!!!... started and completed by May.
I too am working on a school album for my HS senior!! Send help!
Old 09-02-2024, 01:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
Anyone plan to work on PL this holiday weekend?
I hope to in between a soccer tournament and my mom's Bday.

I haven't got much done but added journaling to 3 weeks in 2024
Old 09-02-2024, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did some work on my PL pages! I didn’t finish any of them yet, but I have about 8 weeks worth in templates with journaling. And I started kitting out two of them. Progress!

Old 09-04-2024, 04:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

schools has started again this week.. So I hope I am able to catch up soon again...
Old 09-06-2024, 08:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Ally, I love that you have a large journaling block and I'm thinking about that for 2025. And I love the extra embellishment, it creates such a storybook feel. I do four pages each week because we have so many pictures, but with one kid away at college I'm going to try and move to two so that I can actually get stuff done! I'm going to try and get 6 weeks done this weekend, but getting ready for DSD and Featured Designer, I feel like I'm falling more and more behind. I really appreciate this thread to keep me moving. You ladies are awesome.
Old 09-07-2024, 06:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kelly, there have been weeks when I've been tempted to go to four pages! Sometimes the hardest part of PL is curating the too-many photo problem! I've toyed with the idea of making a page per day, but then I run into the issue of doing more than one thing I'd want to scrap on some days, and then not doing anything at all on others! Also, I'm trying to break free from the idea that I have to make all these rules for myself all the time, so I really don't know what I'm doing anymore, haha. I always think I'm going to do something different when a new year starts, but I never do!

Old 09-07-2024, 08:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

progress....
3 weeks of journaling
6 weeks ready for journaling and photos

Old 09-07-2024, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Looks great Krista! How cool that you do papers + embellishments first and add photos and journaling later! I do the exact opposite, and I love that scrapbooking is that flexible and personal.

Old 09-07-2024, 08:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Looks great Krista! How cool that you do papers + embellishments first and add photos and journaling later! I do the exact opposite, and I love that scrapbooking is that flexible and personal.
I actually don't normally do this lol! I just felt like mindlessly creating LOs and I felt like this was the easiest way.