View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 03:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I've been listening to Arnold Schwartzenegger's book "Be Useful' on Spotify. I thought about your dad when, in the first chapter, he talks about the benefits of walking. He says "Many of history's greatest thinkers, leaders, scientists, artists, and entrepreneurs found some of their greatest inspiration going for walks." And he provides anecdotes from Wadsworth, Aristotle, Nietzsche, Einstein and Thoreau. He goes on to quote a 2014 study at Stanford University that showed 'walking increased the creative thinking of 100 percent of the study participants who were asked to walk while completing a series of creative tasks." He goes on to quote some more anecdotes from a man who walked the length of the western Himalayas and later the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in Spain. It's a really interesting part of the chapter of the book.
I think it will be so interesting to see if your dad shares any problems he resolved or creative visions he developed while he's been out walking alone with his thoughts. And maybe a short walk is what all of us could use when our creative mojo isn't what we'd like it to be!
He does, He is telling stories alongside the photo's he shares. He had some obstacles along the way already where he resolved it in a creative way like flooded walking paths where he switches his shoes for crocs and is just one example lol. But he shares the stories about the ups and downs of his journey