Thread: PL-ing in 2024?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I *just* finished up my 2022 PL a couple of weeks ago. Oops
I have about 6 weeks done for 2023 and really want to focus on keeping up with journaling for 2024 until I can work on those pages. I did an okay job making journaling notes for about half of 2023, and that makes the project much easier. (That's advice from Krista!!)

My first couple of years, I always used this layout (Traci Reed template):

Then my aunt made a comment that she wished there were captions near the photos so she didn't have to read all the writing to get a little info about each picture, so I switched to this (Cindy Schneider template):

But I missed being able to write in larger chunks instead of on small journaling blocks, so I tried this one last year (another Cindy Schneider):

I'm going back to the simpler style with the big journaling blocks for 2023 (using EZ Weekly Templates) and my aunt will just have to either read or wonder what's going on in the pictures, hahaha. I liked the look of the other pages, but all the choices (papers, greater variation in photo size, journal placement, etc.) really slowed me down. And I want to be able to go faster so I don't feel so far behind in 2024!!

I'm hoping to work on a month at a time for 2023, and then when that's wrapped up, carry on into 2024.

Last edited by knittingbec; 12-29-2023 at 02:58 PM.