View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2000 sq feet, 5 bedroom, 2 bath, converted garage bonus room, attached garage - built in '42. Added on two different times in the mid and late 50's. Original house quite small, most of the house is additions.

Living room/kitchen is open concept but not spacious. It was perfect for us when our babies were little (they were 2 and 6 when we moved in here) but now that they are older the space seems too small and we don't like the openness. The bedrooms are small aside from our bedroom which is wonderfully big. We have a balcony outside our bedroom which we adore. We have tons of storage space. We have a large back yard and a good sized front yard.

We have no neighbors across the street - just empty field and then farmland. On either side of us we have an empty lot between us and neighbors. Our only 'close' neighbor is the one we share a fence with. The backyard neighbor and I share relatives, so kinda like family. They keep to themselves but are very friendly when we see them. The neighborhood is FULL of kids now. It was when we moved here, and they all moved away. Now there are tons of kids again and my 9 year old is completely thrilled.

We live at the edge of town, pretty much the last residential street before 'country'. Our street curves right past our house and around the curve is where the city baseball fields are. We can look out from my office and see my son practicing at the 10 and under ball field, which is really awesome because it means we don't have to take him to practice! There is a small park between the ball fields and a concession stand building. This town is big on baseball so this time of year this neighborhood comes alive every evening.

Behind the ball fields is a thick wooded area. We have deer, coyote, raccoon and other woodland creatures that wander into our yard or can be heard outside at night. Just a block from us is a decent sized farm. We aren't in the country at all, but we have many advantages of being in the country.

Everyone knows our house. All we have to do is say that we live in the big red house over in Winway and everyone knows exactly which one. Ours is probably the biggest house in the neighborhood... which isn't saying much as, like I said, it's 2000 sq feet. People always comment about the size of it though. It is long, and I think that makes it seem much bigger than a house that would just be square.

We have a love/hate relationship with this place. So many things here are awesome. However, many of the things just don't fit our lifestyle now. We are keeping an eye out for another place but we aren't in a huge hurry to move. We could stay here and not be burdened too much, it just isn't what we see ourselves in forever at this point.