View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 10:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone with Mast Cell Disease?

I was recently diagnosed with Mast Cell Disease and put on an antihistamine and anti-acid regime to help control the symptoms, which for me are fever, chills, headache, bone pain, hives, swelling and exhaustion. When I have a flare up, it can take me down for days.

I am going through a flare up right now and trying to avoid going to get a shot for it, so I was wondering if anyone else had it? I am looking for some practical advice on how to handle this.

I know food is involved, in fact, I think it was avocado toast for supper on Monday that set it off, but I obviously don't know much about that part of it. I just printed out a list of foods to avoid but does avoid mean never again, or can the foods that are high in histamine be eaten at a small or moderate level?

Are there certain foods that can help control the symptoms that I should be adding to my diet?

I don't have any kind of game plan on how to best manage a flare up when it occurs. Right now, I double up on the meds, but that much allergy medicine knocks me for a loop too. I would love to know how other people handle flares up and maybe discover something that might work for me too.

I think any info from anyone who has Mast Cell Disease or Histamine Intolerance would be helpful to me as I navigate this rocky road I'm on.