View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another Crashplan user here. I switched to them after using Backblaze. I had somehow deleted an entire folder of photos and when I finally discovered I had done this (probably many MONTHS later), Backblaze did not have the files anymore. If something is deleted from your computer, they may delete it from their servers 30 days later. Crashplan NEVER deletes files, so long as you keep your subscription. Earlier this year, my surge protector failed and my iMac experienced a power surge during a thunderstorm. The whole computer was ruined. We had to replace EVERYTHING in it and lost all our files. I opted to order the restore drive from Crashplan once my computer was fixed to speed up the restore process and it was so easy to restore my files.

Also, since I had the subscription from the computer before this one (not the one that failed... a different computer), I occasionally find I'm missing files from when we transferred files between computers. I can still go restore those files from my old computer because they never deleted them, even though I got rid of that computer a year ago.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!