View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My daughter has eczema since birth and it is a constant battle. We've tried traditional Chinese medicine, which works slow and tastes worse that a witch's brew. She couldn't take it any more, so we switched to western medicine. Steroids work if I put them on, but once I stop it always comes back. I avoid taking her to the doc because he keeps wanting to put her on oral steroids!

A few natural things that's helped her so far:
1) Essential oils. I dilute it with coconut oil, but I'm sure there are other oils that will work. I've heard good things about almond oil too. Make sure your EO is pure and has no additives.
2) Acidic water. I got a machine that will produce acidic/alkaline water, and spraying her 3-4 times a day with the acidic water seems to have calmed the eczema down. I couldn't bring the machine with me when we were on a road trip last month, and she had really bad flare ups.
3) Eczema could be related to candida. You may want to try a detox process. There's more info on the web, but usually it involves cutting back sugar and taking a probiotic.

I know that's more advice you ask for. I usually get tons of *unsolicited* advice when I mention my DD has eczema. Sorry if that was too long!