View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 04:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That's great. I love that your girls have asked specifically for that as something they wanted.

Throwing this into the conversation as something new I'm trying for myself.
I recently pulled all of my printed pages out of the top-loading albums I had because I had run out of pages and couldn't find ones that fit the older albums I had in the closet. That system just wasn't really working for me anymore with all of the pages I had just had printed and needed to find a way to put them in their places according to date - since I like things to be chronological when I look through them even if I don't necessarily scrap that way. (I tend to remember things in my head in reference to other things around the same time frame, so them being chronological is something pretty important to me).

I print 8x8 pages, so I found some nice gift boxes with magnetic closures on Amazon to put them in just in stacks. I've got dividers (colored cardstock that sticks up a bit) between the years now and could add more if there were certain events I wanted to be able to find quicker. It will also be really easy to rearrange and divide things out as I go along now. A really quick and easy way to organize them. The boxes actually fit better on my living room shelf where I've been keeping them too.

I will reuse the albums and all of the pages I have accumulated over the years probably for travel or other larger events like the twins' weddings when I get around to working on those at some point. I know I will miss the feel of an album some, but I've still got many years worth of scrapbook pages I have never printed and I want them in a printed format so family other than me can actually look at them. I can print them a little at a time now and just put them in their appropriate boxes/time frames as I go along, so I'm finding the thought of it a lot less intimidating than before.