View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Finally Tried Pocket Scrapping!

I've resisted pocket scrapping for a long time. I just LOVE traditional type scrapping and art journaling styles. But I just haven't been happy creating the monthly summaries for my son. They were boring, tedious, and I didn't look forward to them. It was just work, rather than inspiration to tell an awesome story!

Over the years, I've tried several types of templates to make the monthly summaries more fun. Some photo heavy, some more word heavy. None of them captured my interest.

But seeing all your wonderful pocket scrapping pages started me thinking that perhaps those summary pages would lend well to pocket scrapping. Plus all those awesome cards that ya'll are including in new kits. So I thought I would give it a go. I pulled out one of Traci's freebies from a LONG time ago, looked up the shadowing tutorial and got busy.

They look great! And I think this will be a lot more fun than the other way I was doing it.

Thanks gals! I think the main moral of the story is that "There is a scrapping style to fit every situation!"

Here's a peek: