View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 08:33 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

You may have to do a separate "tree" on several pages. Use color coding/photo on the first page to connect to the person on the next page and so on. So it may take several pages. In my mind this would be a lot like the electronic chart you mention with hyperlinks.

Yeah, it's not one layout but trying to get that much information on one layout would IMO be unreadable.

Even if the information was put into a genealogy program, the steps would not show on a report for the descendants of the root person. Believe me, my dad's family has lots of steps in the family (17 kids in his family). Between his siblings getting married/divorced and same with grandkids that bring children to a marriage, I gave up a long time ago trying to print reports that showed everyone! Over 50 years ago my mom typed up an outline type of list that we gave Grandma to remember birthdays. That was the only way we could show the steps in the family. I kept it up until about 20 years ago when family members quit giving me information no matter how many times I asked.