View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
My two daughters do several dance classes, and we are in a similar situation. Amelia does 11 classes, 3 are exam intensive classes. Rachael does 6, 2 are exam intensive. Both girls have worked on their ballet exam for 2 years to get it ready to go to the evaluator. When exam time came this year, they both "weren't ready" after two full years of doing the same exercises over and over. For my girls, it was heightened by the fact that they were both the only kids in their respective grades not going.

They both love dance, but do not have the natural, raw talent. They have to work very hard. After two years of working so hard, they still were unable to go. Why is it ONLY my kids? They were heartbroken and depressed. They don't want to quit, but it's not worth it to work so hard, and be so unhappy. What are my kids doing differently or wrong to make them not ready?

I am proud of my girls for sticking with it, but I'm trying to steer them toward something they might excel at, and just dance recreationally. Sorry, that was a rant of it's own…but I get it!
Ugh...I am sorry, Jamie. It does sound like we're in a similar situation! Like I said, being a parent sucks sometimes.