View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

To answer your question without touching on your specific situation, yes, Cheyanne has quit a sport. She started playing soccer at 4 years old and played on 2 teams right through 7th grade. At the start of 8th grade she decided she really didn't want to continue anymore - there wasn't a specific reason; she just felt like her time with it was done. I was really surprised but in the end it has been a good decision.

She decided to run cross country for 8th grade and then this year when she started high school she didn't do a fall sport at all and focused on joining a couple organizations (Key Club and AFS, which is American Field Service and is a multi-cultural club that involves exchange students), and she focused on her studies. Basketball is her first love so she devoted herself to basketball season.

In a way she had a lot more wisdom than I did about the whole thing... I was a bit crushed that she didn't want to play soccer anymore after so many years and hours devoted to it but she had the maturity to realize it wasn't what was going to define her life as she got older - she knew/knows that she needs to branch out and have new experiences.