Thread: Christmas Gifts
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 05:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
IThe thing I enjoy most about the holidays is adopting a family for Christmas. I got to buy for a 4 year old girl and her grandmother, so I got her 4 outfits, a coat and hat, boots, 2 pajama sets, Shine and Shimmer dolls, some Barbie stuff and something called LOL Surprise. For the grandma, who, bless her, only asked for a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt, I got her 3 sweat suits and some bath and body stuff.

I do all my shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get the good deals so that I can get them more. My son and his wife are buying for the baby in the family and my sister is taking care of the mom and the household basket that is a requirement.
That's an amazing tradition! I love that your family does it together! We do something similar on smaller scale through the preschool I teach at. We pair with a program that provides services for very recent immigrants. Members of our school community "adopt" one or more of the kids and get them a coat and/or shoes, toys, and a book. I wish we could adopt the whole family, but I'm hoping that there is a separate partnership that provides for the adults.

Last edited by rach3975; 12-06-2018 at 05:19 PM.