View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I go back and forth on carpet all the time. I prefer the feel of carpet in Livingroom's and bedrooms, much nicer to wake up to something warm and cozy under foot than a hard cold surface, (also, I never liked the idea of my kids sitting or playing on a hard surface when on the floor).... but am not 'in love' with the look of carpet. I much prefer vacuuming over sweeping, but I'm also a tech girl and would love to be able to have a roomba to do the work for me lol I think wood floors take the lead in the debate when it comes to how much easier it is to clean in the event of someone getting sick / animal mess / someone wearing their shoes and tracking lord knows what on to a carpet *gag*. Tile isn't even in the running.... I personally don't like the look/feel and most importantly how fragile they can be.
I live in AZ where it's warm 95% of the time so tile is one of the main flooring materials used here. Our porcelain tile, which imitates natural stone, has held up really well to the dogs and drops and general wear and tear. None have ever broken -- a few very small chips where we've dropped something heavy. But, I don't think I'd want it if I lived in Nova Scotia.