View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I remember carpet, and in so many ways I do miss it. I miss the thick cushy comfy feel of it. Area rugs will never feel that way. I remember choosing to sit on the floor on the carpet as a kid instead of the couch. I grew up with neat freaks so our carpet was nice. I had friends with gross carpet. So keep in mind- my carpet memories are based on that LOL. My parents were fastidious about cleaning and keeping the carpet vacuumed and we weren't allowed to wear shoes inside or EVER eat in any room except the kitchen because we had carpeting throughout the house.

I know that NOT having carpet means I'm able to be more relaxed about the dog's paws and the kids' friends when they are over because we have tile, hardwoods and area rugs. I do like the way tile and wood looks better than carpet. But deep down I'd love a family room with wall to wall carpeting where you can sit on the floor and play a board game without your butt going numb. haha There's just something cozy and sentimental about it.
LOL, that's a great description and I know what you mean. I think having dogs makes a big difference. Plus, I feel like anybody who has carpets these days, has basically light beige or white carpet which shows everything. Back in the day, you were allowed to have other colors.