View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, the big thing right now is Thanksgiving is just one day, but Christmas is a Season.

Agree only because I love Christmas...music, tree, movies, decorations and just the spirit. Thanksgiving has never been big in my house. I also am not a fan of turkey. We are doing brunch this year so my son can go to lunch at his girlfriend's house
I have some Thanksgiving/fall decor up but we are putting up Christmas stuff this weekend. We usually do after Thanksgiving but my son will be gone to take photos for a wedding in Georgia. The weekend before we have a company picnic for hubby...if we wait till my son gets back it will be too close to Christmas. We leave on the 21st to go to VA to see my family and won't be back till the 30th.

We do a fake tree...I can leave it up longer too. I would kill a real one. I have a black thumb. Allergies are the biggest reason. I can't have a real tree in my house. It would drive me bonkers...the mess would also drive both hubby and I batty. I also like prelit trees...I like a lot of lights and stringing that many would be a pain. The one we have now will go between color and white.