Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
I have struggled with anxiety for years, and have been on medication. Most of the time, I would have difficulty breathing and would be unable to stop an avalanche of bad thoughts.

I was scheduled for my spinal cord stimulator surgery in 2017, and a bunch of junk happened with my surgeon and his placement at the medical center and his privileges at the hospital. It was a huge run around, and my surgery ended up being postponed. I got very upset that day, but felt calm and accepting but THEN I started having facial numbness and just felt overall WEIRD.

Off we went to the ER, where I was triaged and sent straight back for a CT. They were looking for possible stroke. Boy, did that send me through the roof more! At the end of the day, I was diagnosed as having an anxiety attack.

I haven't had one since, but I know that fearful feeling and utter misery. I am so very sorry that you are dealing with this, especially during this time when everything is so crazy and unsure. I'm praying for you, that you will find treatment or medication that will help you overcome the anxiety.

And for anyone else who has posted in this thread, I'm praying for you as well.
That is scary, Cheryl! I once thought I was having a heart attack when it was an anxiety attack. It was the night before I was to take my son to summer camp. The camp is 2 hours away and I had never drive up by myself (and had only went up one other time, so it was pretty unfamiliar). I thought I was mentally prepared to make the trip, but the night before I started having heart palpitations, sweats, and jaw pain. I am stubborn so I didn't go to the hospital, but I did chew an aspirin just in case it was my heart. I didn't sleep at all that night. The next morning my husband got up and found me on the couch. I told him I hadn't slept and didn't want to keep him awake. I had finally relaxed a little and was exhausted, so I decided to take a 30 minute nap before getting on the road after he left for work. About 15 minutes later, he came back in the house and said he was going to go in for 2nd shift that day because he didn't want me driving on no sleep. I don't think he will ever know how grateful I was for that! Oddly, at the end of the week when I had to pick my son up from camp, I made the trip just fine. Anxiety is weird like that. Driving is one of my triggers, unfortunately. I can drive around town all day and it doesn't bother me, but sometimes driving out of town will have me in tears and white knuckling the steering wheel.