Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 02:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Kellie, I feel you on this so much!! I've NEVER been one to have or deal with anxiety before. But in the beginning of 2020 something drastic happened in our family and I had my first anxiety attack - like I literally thought I was going to die! My heart was racing, my body was shaking, I even blacked out at one point! It's been 1.5 years and the attacks come, not nearly as bad as that initial attack, but I've been able to talk myself through them.

When I start to get lightheaded, like I'm going to pass out, I start counting to myself and telling myself "it's okay", "I'll be okay", "I'm just stressed or worried", I slow my breathing - in my nose and out my mouth and I start to focus on those things, I can feel the waves of anxiety wash over me to where I was before the attack hit me.

Having attacks, they are scary. If I am unable to control them or bring myself around quickly, they wipe me out and I'm exhausted! I try to make sure I'm sleeping better, eating better and focusing more on the good, rather than the "what ifs" or negative that I might be dealing with in the moment.

I was following your story on FB and I'm SO glad you are doing better, able to come home. You've had a very stressful couple of weeks and I hope you are able to find a calm being home with your family